Author Topic: [all versions] Crashes on Windows 7 when changing "local playback downmixing"  (Read 143 times)

VINT64

I choose .avi file, I select audio track from .ac3 file.
Each time when I change position to play, and then click "play", it has audio bug: firstly audio plays two seconds from previous place, then it switches to current place. Changing shift doesn't help: first two garbage seconds are still preserved, and when actual sound starts to go, then it goes with shift.
Seems that there is some internal C-like "array out of bounds" glitches.
When I try to change local playback downmixing from "Pro logic" to any other, and click "play" - avidemux crashes. Sometimes instantly, sometimes before crash it gives me following pop-up window:
ExceptionFilter
The application has encountered a fatal problem
The current editing has been saved and will be reloaded at next start.
On "show details" it gives me a lot of text, I copied it to a file and attached to the post.
After it I have pop-up window from Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library, saying that application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way.
And after it the program crashes as in the first case.
I tried on 2.7.0 and two different versions of 2.6, one of it both 32x and 64x versions.
What sort of problem do I have?

eumagga0x2a

I choose .avi file, I select audio track from .ac3 file.
Each time when I change position to play, and then click "play", it has audio bug: firstly audio plays two seconds from previous place, then it switches to current place. Changing shift doesn't help: first two garbage seconds are still preserved, and when actual sound starts to go, then it goes with shift.

Confirming.

When I try to change local playback downmixing from "Pro logic" to any other, and click "play" - avidemux crashes.

Can't reproduce the crash, at least on Linux.

I tried on 2.7.0 and two different versions of 2.6, one of it both 32x and 64x versions.

Please try the latest win64 nightly: http://avidemux.org/nightly/win64/, though I don't expect any different behaviour.

VINT64

Never works.
The only way to reset the behavior - re-select the track and immediately save video without playing it.