Adaptive B-frame Decision always disabled

Started by bernd_b, February 04, 2012, 03:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bernd_b

As told in the headline:

Regardless what I do, any setting of the option "Adaptive B-frame Decision" in the x264 Configuration Dialog under "Frame" is ignored. When I return to the Dialog the setting is again the default "disabled".

- using r7732 -

nibbles

There is variation in the source between these

i_bframe_adaptive
i_bframe_adaptative

that I can't quite wrap my phead arjound.

Agent_007

Might be a typo, since i_bframe_adaptative seems to be AVIdemux only.
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

bernd_b

Can anyone tell me which files exactly are to be corrected? So I could try a simple copy and paste assuming it is a typo ....

nibbles

You might replace all the adaptative occurrences, which is "easy to do" with sed.  Anyone up for it?

Agent_007

QuoteYou might replace all the adaptative occurrences, which is "easy to do" with sed.  Anyone up for it?
Something like
sed -i 's/i_bframe_adaptative/i_bframe_adaptive/g' avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/x264/x264_encoder_desc.cpp
sed -i 's/i_bframe_adaptative/i_bframe_adaptive/g' avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/x264/x264_encoder.h
sed -i 's/i_bframe_adaptative/i_bframe_adaptive/g' avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/x264/x264_encoder.h
sed -i 's/i_bframe_adaptative/i_bframe_adaptive/g' avidemux_plugins/ADM_videoEncoder/x264/ADM_x264Setup.cpp

(untested)

mean

I fixed the typo, but it should have been harmless

bernd_b

I tried the "sed"-corrections proposed two posts before but for me they changed nothing.

Now I noticed similar problems with trellis.

Mediainfo shows that the encoded file has trellis enabled?!: "trellis=1". But I have it disabled under the option tab Analysis. Maybe I mixed something up, but if this is true, could trellis enabled be the reason why I experience x264 encoding in avidemux3 slower than in avidemux2?

Agent_007

AVIdemux log file should tell which options it passes to x264. That way you will see if the AVIdemux passes the wrong settings or is there some x264 setting that overrides your selection.

Ethan

Hi,

using the build 7801 I can't still enable both options ("Adaptive B-frame decision" and "Trellis quantization").
I hope someone fixes them soon.

Best regards.

mean

B_daptive maybe fixed
Trellis should work already

nibbles

Adaptive B-frame decision value now persists.  Thanks for fixing that.
Trellis I'm not so sure about, but still testing & learning what to look for.
It was unchecked, but I saw a 1 in the list of x264 settings.

bernd_b

Yes, thanks very much, Adaptive b-frame decision (b_adapt) option now stays and seems to be executed according to mediainfo.

I have trouble with these:

- trellis: All settings here will be lost (trellis is always disabled when I return to the configuration menu) but it seems to be enabled considering the information extracted from the encoded file (says trellis=1).

- Is it a recent change that the loop Filter options are greyed out (not able to be set)?

styrol

QuoteIs it a recent change that the loop Filter options are greyed out (not able to be set)?
Not all filters are implemented yet in Avidemux 2.6, maybe this is the reason in your case.

bernd_b

Yes, maybe. But just to be sure that there is no misunderstanding: we are talking of x264-codec option and not a Filter in the sense of Avidemux....

Still - someone here who had luck with trellis option under x264 or do we have a bug here?