patch: restore keyboard shortcuts for Set Marker A/B

Started by jicama, February 27, 2012, 07:55:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

perfectlyGoodInk

Okay, thanks for the clarification.

Quote from: AQUAR on September 20, 2016, 07:03:52 AM
I recall not that long ago that an end user insisted that, when ADM crashed, it needed to provide a comprehensive error dialog (presumably in plain english!). We were never able to convince this individual about the impracticality of building in that sort of self diagnostics for a multi platform program, let alone a program that is described by the Author as a "simple video editor".

Yeah, open source software really isn't for everybody. R's error messages can be downright cryptic as well, and I don't know how I'd get by without Google and StackOverflow. I get their frustration, but the target audience of these kinds of error message is the developer, not the end user. Without gobs of resources to throw at this, that's just the way it has to be.

Earnear

Can't seem to download the mark-kbd.patch. Gives a HTTP 404 error.

My last version was 2.6.12 and I was really comfortable using [ and ] for setting marker A and B. When I updated to 2.6.14, this was replaced (as with 2.6.13). Is there a reason for the change to CTRL-PG Up/Down? For me the ring and middle finger on [ ] and index on Del (left hand); mouse (right hand) for easy fast cut edits but I don't see how CTRL-PG Up/Down works for quick edits. Is there a way to edit hotkeys? I want to use 2.6.14 but am forced to downgrade to 2.6.12 until I can find a way to get it back to [ ] which I found most comfortable.

rojavid

the attachment is not found, I desperately need to bring back [ and ]

"404 - Attachment Not Found"

eumagga0x2a