QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous shortcut overload: Ctrl+O

Started by karl, May 03, 2012, 09:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karl

Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if this is not the right place for this topic:

After a not-at-all-simple session to compile the current avidemux 2.6 git head (commit 9aeafced3fcf014fdd0919d38341693447fcea50) under CentOS 6, I finally succeeded to get a workable executable (for the Qt4 version, GTK on CentOS is pretty incompatible with the version avidemux 2.6 expects, while Qt4 4.6.2 required only a few adjustments to the code).

The first thing I usually do when editing files is to press "Ctrl+O" for opening a file, but this caused just the error message QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous shortcut overload: Ctrl+O

Opening a file from the menu worked fine.

I found two places where "Ctrl+O" was mentioned:
./avidemux/common/ADM_commonUI/myOwnMenu.h:35:            {MENU_ACTION,"Open",    NULL,ACT_OPEN_VIDEO,       MKICON(fileopen), "Ctrl+O"},
./buildQt4/ADM_userInterfacesQT4/ADM_gui/ui_gui2.h:1065:        actionOpen->setShortcut(QApplication::translate("MainWindow", "Ctrl+O", 0, QApplication::UnicodeUTF8));

Commenting out the second one, ui_gui2.h:1065, resolved this issue for me - CTRL+O now works.
The file I changed seems to be generated somewhen within the build procedure, so I hope you can fix this "in the right place", instead.

Edit: I found that the same problem also applies to Ctrl+S - "QAction::eventFilter: Ambiguous shortcut overload: Ctrl+S", and the same fix (commenting out ./ADM_userInterfacesQT4/ADM_gui/ui_gui2.h:1073) worked for me.

(I made other bug observations, but I guess it's better to report only one bug per posting, so I'll open another one for the next bug.)

Agent_007

Thanks. Bump this thread in few days if devs don't answer, so I remember to ticket this.
I am away between 15th of May - 15th of June. (yes, I am playing D3)

mean

karl

Thanks a lot!

(I pulled your git commits, applied my stashed changes for CentOS 6, rebuild the executable, and it worked fine.)