News:

--

Main Menu

filter set file format

Started by rotkart, June 19, 2012, 06:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rotkart

Good day!
I want to do batch conversion of video resizing and deinterlacing.
Can you please tell me what the file format for use with an option --filters on the command line?

Thanks!

Jan Gruuthuse

There is no universal method. You decide based on source video -> target (video/player/purpose/...), hardware, ...
please visit links below:
Quickstart
Guide to encoding types
Batch processing
Scripting tutorial
some scripts can be found here

rotkart

Thank you for your reply. I've already started reading the documentation and forum.
I have a lot of files with the same parameters from one videocam and I want to do with them the same operations: resize and deinterlace.
In the GUI, I asked all the parameters of filters and keep them in a file, now I want to use it to call from the command line, but it does not work.

Jan Gruuthuse

for the same batch of video files with same parameters:
load 1 in avidemux GUI
Set filters you want to use for the selected Video Output
Configure Audio Output
Select Output Format

From Menu -> File -> SpiderMonkey -> Save as project "myjob.py"

Edit that saved job and omit the parts loading video and setting marker: # 01 videos source  & #01 segments

then you call this file from:
VIDEOCODEC="one arg"
AUDIOCODEC="one arg"
CONTAINER="Matroska"
# MP4
for FIL in `ls *.mp4 | sort` ; do
/usr/bin/avidemux3_cli --video-codec $VIDEOCODEC --audio-codec $AUDIOCODEC --force-alt-h264 --load "$FIL"  --runpy /home/myjob.py  --output-format $CONTAINER --save ${FIL%.*}.mkv --quit
done

replace one arg by one of these options for
AUDIOCODEC by MP2/MP3/AC3/NONE (WAV PCM)/TWOLAME/COPY
VIDEOCODEC by Divx/Xvid/FFmpeg4/VCD/SVCD/DVD/XVCD/XSVCD/COPY

replace Matroska by one of these options for
CONTAINER by AVI|OGM|ES|PS|AVI_DUAL|AVI_UNP|...
you may want to change the .mkv extension to the appropriate one for your selected container .avi/mp4/evo/vob/...

test with 2 or 3 small files if not happening what expected use /usr/bin/avidemux3_qt4 instead of avidemux3_cli
avidemux3 would be for 2.6 beta
avidemux2 would be for 2.5.#

rotkart

Great, that's what I wanted!
Thank you so much!

Jan Gruuthuse

Additional info be found by issuing the program execute command from command line with this switch:
avidemux3_cli --help
You can replace avidemux3_cli by any linux program / command (can most of the times)