News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux 2.6 and problematic MPG frame-seeking

Started by harrym, July 05, 2012, 11:00:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrym

Hi, I have seen, that 2.5 binary is not actualized now. :'(

But 2.6 is still totally unusable. E.g. I have big problem with tracking MPG files (frame slider). Basic simple thing. I cannot set exact begin-end frames for encoding, because upon a few frame-slider movements, Avidemux  is crashing with bug. The exact problem in v2.6 is with v2.5-remuxed MPG files.
I wonder, because I think, that tracking algorithm was simply inherited from older 2.5, nothing more.

v2.5 is non-problematic in it.

Jan Gruuthuse

2.5 is frame based, 2.6 is time based.
You don't provide much information for the developers to go on.
MPG, AVI, MKV are boxes where you can have/put video track en audio track(s) in (in different encodings).
Best you provide a 5 second sample of video causing the problem (max 20 MB). Upload to website like rapidshare or similar and provide the link for it.
If you can upload the %APPDATA%/avidemux/admlog.txt  to pastebin, pastebay or gist.
Also specify CPU and flavor of windows and (32/64-Bit) used on your computer and the current avidemux 2.6 revision number.

source: Reporting bugs

harrym

I uploaded videofile (140MB). You cant go to previous frame, etc.
Avidemux 2.6.0.8039
http://files.uloziste.com/f637ea0ecad20757/pokus.mpg
http://files.uloziste.com/f637ea0ecad20757/admlog.7z

Shorter streams dont cause hard error, but longer streams (1+ hour) do.

I suprised, because it is standard remuxed DVB-T TS.
I am awaiting problem with something, but not with this basic thing.

Jan Gruuthuse

Why don't you work with original source .TS? Have hardly any problems with these. see: 32 GB video loaded and processed

Jan Gruuthuse

Don't have any issues with this video in Avidemux 2.6 64-bit r8042 ubuntu 12.04 LTS. The A marker you can only select with the up and down keyboard arrows (↑↓). If cut at B marker is not the end of videoclip, but part of to be joined piece, same rule applies.
Most likely problem in windows/computer. Unless other users report same problem with this clip. Perhaps developers can see in log what went wrong.

harrym

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on July 05, 2012, 01:34:52 PM
Why don't you work with original source .TS? Have hardly any problems with these. see: 32 GB video loaded and processed

Now I tested original TS source from DVB-T (grabbed with USB stick) - total tragedy, I saw only black window (no indexing task, nothing more) and than (upon a few movements on frame slider) green window and crash.
Next...
I decompiled TS to m2v and mp2 in ProjectX, muxed it with ffmpeg ("ffmpeg.exe" -threads 4 -i "%%~nx.m2v" -i "%%~nx.mp2" -target pal-dvd -vcodec copy -acodec copy "%%~nx.mpg") and than loaded to avidemux 2.6 - the same problems as before (problematic frame seeking).
I tested one standardized VOB file too - the same problems.
MPEG2 is problem?

Can you recomend me at least one *MPEG2 muxer*, that is O.K. for using in v2.6???

I tested mplex, ffmpeg, avidemux2.5.6... all is big problem for using in v2.6

Jan Gruuthuse

I can't recommend any other muxer. I'm only using avidemux 2.6 and sometimes 2.5.6 with the internal muxer(s) for all my recordings: joining segments / cutting / switching audio tracks / ...

Please upload a 20MB sample recording in mpeg-ts from your dvb-t stick, on avarage that wold be a 10 second recording. Upload this to the web (Rapidshare or similar) and provide a link to it in your posting describing whta it is supposed to be (DVB-T/S/S2/C/C2 ,SD/HD TV). So the developers can have a look at it and perhaps have a fix for this, no promises.
How to cut .ts sample <- click

harrym

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on July 07, 2012, 06:08:23 AM
Please upload a 20MB sample recording in mpeg-ts from your dvb-t stick, on avarage that wold be a 10 second recording. Upload this to the web (Rapidshare or similar) and provide a link to it in your posting describing whta it is supposed to be (DVB-T/S/S2/C/C2 ,SD/HD TV). So the developers can have a look at it and perhaps have a fix for this, no promises.
How to cut .ts sample <- click

TS DVB-T SD (Afatech AF9015 USB Stick http://www.ite.com.tw/en/products_more.aspx?CategoryID=6&ID=15,62)
http://files.uloziste.com/f637ea0ecad20757/(2012-07-07%2008-06)%20MASH%20(184)%20%5bPrima%20family%5d.ts

Jan Gruuthuse

Opens directly in avidemux 2.6 r8044 64-bit ubuntu without a problem and with sound, see screenshot attached. should be the same in windows, hope other users can confirm this. So you should open original videos in avidemux 2.6 (vob, .ts, .trp, ...) cut and save still in original source format. Then copy/transcode to container you need.
2.6 r 8044 found here:
windows: http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/
windows and other OS: http://avidemux.org/nightly/

harrym

Im using Windows 7 64bit, of course.
Propably problem with windows binary.

Jan Gruuthuse

Have you tried both sources? Both have 64-bit, some users reported only of them working for them.
Have you tried by not using opengl to display the video in avidemux preferences: could be AMD graphics card issue: purely guessing on my part. Found working with intel opengl graphics card also caused issues.
Avidemux Menu: Edit: Preferences: tab [Video]: select something else then OpenGL in video display:
In tab [Threading] select autodetect if you use custom.
Some users had success runing the 32-bit version?

gruntster

Confirmed.  Issue occurs when Avidemux is built using GCC 4.7.x on Windows.  32-bit and 64-bit are affected.  Not sure why.

Jan Gruuthuse

Has this anything to do with GCC 4.7.0  <> ABI?
QuoteBinary incompatibility notice!
------------------------------
The C and C++ ABI have changed, which means in general you can't link together binaries compiled with this version of the compiler and any previous version.
QuoteDoes this mean that all the libraries, shared and static alike, in all the precompiled packages out there are unusable with this compiler, and must be rebuilt?
QuoteYes, exactly.
did come across these on several places.

gruntster

I don't think so.  I recompile all libs.  Could possibly be caused by structures being packed differently by default now (ms-bitfields).