News:

--

Main Menu

Cannot install in Ubuntu 12.04

Started by tom1632, July 05, 2012, 06:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom1632

Hi,

I have donloaded the current version with: git clone git://gitorious.org/avidemux2-6/avidemux2-6.git

After compiling with Ubuntu 12.04 64bit I try to install the debs but it stops with this error message immediately:

Unpacking avidemux3-core (from .../avidemux3-core-2.6.0-r8038-Linux.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing /home/thomas/temp/avi26/debs/avidemux3-core-2.6.0-r8038-Linux.deb (--install):
corrupted filesystem tarfile - corrupted package archive
dpkg-deb (subprocess): data: internal gzip write error: Broken pipe
dpkg-deb: error: subprocess <decompress> returned error exit status 2
dpkg-deb (subprocess): failed in write on buffer copy for failed to write to pipe in copy: Broken pipe

Any ideas?
Thanks, Tom

Jan Gruuthuse

Looks like it is trying to overwrite something that is already there? Rights issue? Try uninstalling? Avidemux3 in software center.
Check if these are gone
/usr/bin/avidemux3_cli
/usr/bin/avidemux3_qt4
/usr/bin/avidemux3_jobs
Remove
/usr/include/avidemux/2.6
/usr/share/avidemux

MiStr

I can confirm the issue.

No error message after the build, no "***" in the log files that I have found yet.

During installation I get the message

dpkg: Fehler beim Bearbeiten von avidemux3-core-2.6.0-r8043-Linux.deb (--install):
defektes Tar-Dateisystem - Paketarchiv ist defekt

(which is the german translation for "corrupted filesystem tarfile - corrupted package archive")

I have installed various versions before, so I don't think it's a right issue. The installer uses root privileges anyway.

The error message suggests a problem within the .deb file.

Jan Gruuthuse

Something similar happens when you try to install the plug-ins:
Install
avidemux3-core-2.6.0
avidemux3-plugins-COMMON
avidemux3-qt4
avidemux3-plugins-QT4
avidemux3-gtk
avidemux3-cli
then try to install avidemux3-plugins-GTK or avidemux3-plugins-CLI

Is this also on 64-bit 12.04 LTS, own compilation or are you using the ones posted by me on Rapidshare?

just downloaded the uploaded avidemux 2.6 r8043 12.04 64-bit from rapidshare.
when unpacked the deb installed without an issue.

Jan Gruuthuse

tom1632

I'm using an absolutly new installation of Ubuntu 12.04. So no remains of any old version of avidemux are possible. I have compiled avidemux by myself. And I tried to install avidemux3-core.. at the very first - it crashes every time as described. Like MiStr I don't think it's a right issue. I have installed some previous versions of avidemux without any troubles.
Maybe it's this cmake issue you are mentioning. I will have a look...

Many thanks for the answers.
Tom

MiStr

It worked for me.... (32 bit).

After downloading, compiling and installing the new version of cmake, I got an uncorrupted deb file at the end.

Perhaps someone should update the wiki, as the number of third-party code that has to be downloaded and compiled (cmake, x264) and dependencies (sqlite3) that are not mentioned yet is growing.

Thanks for the help.

Michael

Jan Gruuthuse

Your welcome. This is a limited operation: few people working on the code / working the forum/ and a lot of work is still going on. Thanks to developers and the forum crew, again.
by the way have a look in the 2.6 help: 1st line: QT .... Most likely a nice/promising surprise, just in case you did not notice. Looks pretty awesome. Hope I can ever master that.

tom1632

Compiling cmake-2.8.8 works also for the 64bit - version of Ubuntu.
And I have just discovered that the Wiki for Avidemux 2.6 has been updated in the meantime. Many thanks. You all make a really good job!