News:

--

Main Menu

Thanks - and misc bug report

Started by zylantha, July 22, 2012, 01:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zylantha

I'd just like to extend a thanks to mean and everybody else who has contributed to 2.6, it's great to finally have the new version at a point where it's usable for my normal workflow.  Having it now maintain frame accuracy is an absolute godsend.

While I've now found and fixed a few bugs already, there are a number of bugs that I wanted to log.  If I could find the code that's at fault, then I'd fix them ...

1. The option "Automatically swap A and B if A>B" is not "unsettable".  This is possibly the most annoying thing for me. 

2. The Pixel Aspect Ratio of x264 encoding does not work (looks like it has not yet been written completely) and is stuck at 1:1.  I found a workaround using MP4Box to fix the PAR of the output file after doing each encoding.

3. There are two seemlingly identical x264 video output encoders that are created in the default install.  One has no Configuration screen.  I deleted this one by deleting the installed filter file.

4. Save to .js should include an 'adm.clearVideoFilters()' at the beginning of the output script (otherwise obviously loading the script will not clear any existing video filters).

5. The attached .js file which I use as a custom config does not work properly - it will set the video codec and filters, however the audio CODEC and container do not get set when it's loaded.  This seems quite strange.  The .js file is created from a 'save project' command so it should work fine ...

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: zylantha on July 22, 2012, 01:48:35 PM
5. The attached .js file which I use as a custom config does not work properly - it will set the video codec and filters, however the audio CODEC and container do not get set when it's loaded.  This seems quite strange.  The .js file is created from a 'save project' command so it should work fine ...

Not being a programmer, don't shoot me.
The GUI settings for audio  (Audio Output) on the left tool bar don't match up with the audio setup from the Main textual menu, probably still in the works.
Textual menu gives you access to multi track settings:

See a sample script here: 2.6 audio track switching in job.py

zylantha

Thanks for the tip Jan ...

Just tried the equivalent python script and it works ... clearly it's an error in the javascript processing.

zylantha

... and a fix for issue 1 ... the option is still in the config file, even though it's not editable in the GUI.  Just edit the config file for now ... yay!