News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux 64-bit does not work on Windows 7

Started by sureshwar, July 27, 2012, 02:37:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sureshwar

I have Windows 7 Home Premium Service Pack 1.
I have Zonealarm Firewall + Antivirus 10.2.047.000.
I installed Avidemux 64-bit on my Laptop. It got installed but does not open when I try to open the program.
Can somebody help me please?

Jan Gruuthuse

Yes disable Zonealarm and uninstall completely, other users reported this as solution.

sureshwar

I went to Zonealarm Forum to check. They did not know if Zonealarm was an issue. They advised to exit Zonealarm and try installing Avidemux- 64 Bit.
I uninstalled Avidemux- 64 Bit. Then I exited Zonealarm as advised by them.
I followed it up by reinstalling Avidemux- 64 Bit. It still does not work. Only a 'Read Me ' document opens - nothing beyond that happens. When I try to open Avidemux, the cursor blinks only a second or so and then everything is quiet.
The Windows 7 Diagnostics investigated the situation and they say 'The Software is incompatible'.
I hope there will be somebody on this forum who has Windows 7 and has successfully installed Avidemux- 64 Bit.

Jan Gruuthuse

exiting zonelarm is not enough, you need to uninstall zonealarm, some zonealarm part stays active.
Please do check your windows 7 for 32/64-bit version:
QuoteClick Start, type system  in the Start Search box, and then click system in the Programs list.
The operating system is displayed as follows:
For a 64-bit version operating system: 64-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.
For a 32-bit version operating system: 32-bit Operating System appears for the System type under System.