how to save 'screen recording' without noise?

Started by egerlach, August 10, 2012, 08:54:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

egerlach

Hi,
short: saving a screen recording with MPEG ASP (Xvid)  and container AVI or MP4 results in a noisy video. Which options in avidemux  can I use to prevent that?

@added: running xubuntu 12.04, 64Bit,  Avidemux 2.5.4

That's what I did and want:  I recorded the screen in ubuntu with "recordMyDesktop" to a ogv file. I converted using "Handbrake" because otherwise mencoder or avidemux are deleting double frames, I receive a m4v file. I read this file by avidemux and can play the recording. No noise so far, wonderful! I cut the video using the "cut"-filter within avidemux and I  us  MPEG ASP (Xvid) and AVI or MP4 container. I save it and the result is noisy and grows in size! By the way: videos taken with my camera with real persons and so on become NOT (!) noisy using this codec and container (and standard settings in avidemux). My aim is to make a video clip with both, recorded desktop video and a camera video with persons. So I have to join the two different sources after cutting, adjusting fps, ... That works fine'so far, but screen recording becomes noisy. So: which options within avidemux are responsible for noise generation of screen recordings? I need to turn off noise.

thank you
Eckard

Jan Gruuthuse

Please delete your post in Windows section your running on Ubuntu. Your flavor of ubuntu  and is it 32/64-bit?
Version of avidemux used?
Check your preferences and unmark in Tab [Video]:
[ ] Horizontal debloking
[ ] Vertical deblocking
[ ] Deringing

see if this helps?
Have you other possibilities regarding the format used for recording with recordMyDesktop? experiment with those?

egerlach

I added ubuntu and avidemux version information in my first posting. The windows thread is removed.

I unmarked horizontal und vertical deblocking. Deringing was already unmarked. But it didn't help :(
The file size raised again about 30%.  But thx for you help.

Any other ideas?

Jan Gruuthuse

Yes try avidemux 2.6 build for ubuntu 12.04 64-bit found here: avidemux Cli/QT/GTK 2.6 64-bit deb download ubuntu 12.04 LTS these start from terminal box.
Try recording with the same frame rate as the target video?
I use(d) Kazam screencaster, but currently it crashes here.

egerlach

I  downloaded   avidemux3_2.6.0_64bit_r8136_12.04_debs  , I installed the gtk-version with all filters and add-ons  ...
and it WORKS!
No noise with default settings/options in avidemux3. Great! thank you Jan!

Eckard

Jan Gruuthuse

If you use QT with avidemux3-plugins-QT4, probably need to uninstall avidemux3-plugins-GTK-2.6.0-7xxx-Linux. More stuff in there is working then GTK. Developers have been very busy with 2.6 last months, weeks and days. Looks nicer every day. Can no longer miss this tool.

egerlach

I installed GTK only. Both versions 2.6 GTK and 3.0 GTK are now installed - and I need both versions because the select tool of 3.0 doesn't react. I can't cut sequences or copy them and paste. So I need the version 2.6 further on. I hope I need 2.6  only in this case.

When I use 2.6 again on a file the noise appears again. But cutting something or pastings something in 2.6 and then saving "copy" without filters allows to keep the video without noise :) So I can work in combination both versions 2.6 and 3.0.

BTW:  v3 can't be closed with the "X" of the window manager. It can only be closed with the avidemux menu.