Avidemux 2.6.0 bugs in Linux Mint 13 Xfce?

Started by mingle, September 21, 2012, 03:31:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mingle

Hi,

I just installed the current Avidemux (GTK version) from the 'standard' repositories, via Synaptic.

I'm running Linux Mint 13 Xfce...

It partially works, but has a few (possible) bugs:

1: The close (X) gadget at the to right of the program window doesn't work when clicked - I have to shut down via 'File>Quit' on the program menu bar.
2: The "Tools" and "Custom" menu tabs are both blank and have no drop-down.
3: Under the "Video Output" section on the main window, the "Configure" button does not work for the "Mpeg4 AVC (x264)", "YV12 Encoder" and "PNG Encoder" codecs (a codec issue?)
4: Under the "Audio Output" section, there are no options on the codec selector - the drop-down doesn't work (codec issues?)

I was wondering if anyone else has had issues?

Cheers,

Mike.

Jan Gruuthuse

don't use avidemux, GTK uninstall GTK and GTK plugin. Use QT and its plugin.

Malky

I've got the same bug in Xubuntu 12.04.1 so I use qt-version instead too.

mingle

Thanks for the replies...

I'll get rid of the GTK version and have a go at QT.

Cheers,

Mike.

mingle

The QT version installed okay, and apart from a few minor cosmetic issues on a few of the program-buttons, seems to work better than the GTK version.

One issue I did have thought, was after loading up a video and clicking on the play button, I clicked the close button to shut Avidemux down.

The program window shut-down, but I can still hear the audio of the video I had playing.

When I go into system monitor, it looks like Avidemux is still running, as the "avidemux3_qt4" process is still there, but the program window is now gone.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Mike.

mingle

<Update>

I removed Avidemux 2.6.0 QT and replaced it with 2.5.6 QT and the shutdown issue (still running in the 'background') is gone...

So it seems like an issue with the latest version.

Are there any logfiles I can check (or generate) to help resolve this issue?

Cheers,

Mike.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: mingle on September 22, 2012, 06:08:28 AM
When I go into system monitor, it looks like Avidemux is still running, as the "avidemux3_qt4" process is still there, but the program window is now gone.
Any ideas?
Yes plenty: try using stop before exiting program and exit in Menu -> File -> Quit .
Most likely cause is the program(s) start from terminal. Core is still running, while you closed the GUI? Or something like that?
Perhaps you can find a log file here
2.5.6=  ~/.avidemux/admlog.txt
2.6.0=  ~/.avidemux6/admlog.txt
Personally I did change the properties of terminal window to stay open after program closes.
Terminal main Menu -> Edit -> Profile Preferences -> Tab
[Title and Command]
change selection to: When command exits: [Hold the terminal open]
[Scrolling]
under Scrollback: [512 -+] lines
mark: [v] Unlimited
When quiting avidemux, now the history should still be showing in terminal window.

mean