Solved:jobs cleanup doesn´t work!

Started by ertzel, October 17, 2012, 08:39:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ertzel

Hi Folks!
Avidemux3_qt4 does a great job, thanks to Jan Gruuthuse
( http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php?topic=11413.0 )
Also in 64bit (i ve changed my system [FX8120] and Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal, also avidemux3 is new: 64-bit Current r8241
But with jobs i `ve the same problem as before: the queue works well, but i `ve to remove the jobs manuelly, otherwise it hangs on the cleanup all night and day with no visible progress! I `ve also tried to start it as root, if it is a problem with rights, but nothing changed. Some hints or guesses from anybody?

One other topic, after changing my system, i compared the speed of avidemux6 in linux and windows and linux have won the race with one third (~60fps in win vs ~90fps in lin)
But more surprised i was on the small amount of speedness i Ã,´ve gained through the system change.
my old system was an old dual core Be2350 and 4mb ram, 800 FSB
the new is FX8120 8core with 8mb 1333 FSB
is there anywhere a brake, which i can loose?
questionful Greetings from carinthia
Erich

mean

If you have a nvidia card, using vdpau + vdpau filters will give you a nice speed up

Jan Gruuthuse

If each video/job is very individual: edit/cut in original video format save video in original format. Batch process to encode original to wanted format?
Batch processing
Scripting tutorial
some samples can be found here: Documentation & Tips

ertzel

@mean: nvidia yes but gs7300 is too old for vdpau, next time in this theatre, probably gtx650

@Jan Gruuthuse
the convert job is always the same for all videos, from stream .ts or .vdr to xvid(h264) and mp3 lame
It doesnÃ,´t matter, if there is one or nine vids in the queue, if the all have passed or failed or partly failed, it hangs on deleting!
I can do it manuelly, no problem, and start a new queue, but i donÃ,´t think, this is the way it was meant to be!

Jan Gruuthuse

Would not know about jobs, never use it. I use batch to process same kind of video files in same folder.
Like in this example: 2.6 audio track switching in job.py

mean

Could you detail what you mean by the job cleanup fails ?
Upon success the jobs are marked as successful but not removed from the queue

mean

ertzel

Hi,
sorry for my absence, was too occupied the last few days. I `ve installed the r8255 and yeah it worked now. After the jobs were finished I pressed the cleanup button and all jobs vanished on an instance.
Thanks a lot
Erich