slackware/compile failure/ffmpeg patch config.mak fails

Started by rosc, October 21, 2012, 02:05:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosc

Ola,

I've been trying to compile v2.6.0 on a slackware based system, and hit a wall when it comes to the patch against the included ffmpeg:

-- Configuring FFmpeg
-- Configuring done, processing
-- Patching config.mak - linux (2)
patching file config.mak
Hunk #1 FAILED at 59.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file config.mak.rej

Here is the .rej file contents:

./buildCore/ffmpeg/build/config.mak.rej
*** 59,65 ****
  LIBTARGET=
- SLIBNAME=$(SLIBPREF)$(FULLNAME)$(SLIBSUF)
  SLIBNAME_WITH_VERSION=$(SLIBNAME).$(LIBVERSION)
  SLIBNAME_WITH_MAJOR=$(SLIBNAME).$(LIBMAJOR)
  SLIB_CREATE_DEF_CMD=

--- 59,65 ----
  LIBTARGET=
+ SLIBNAME=$(SLIBPREF)ADM6$(FULLNAME)$(SLIBSUF)
  SLIBNAME_WITH_VERSION=$(SLIBNAME).$(LIBVERSION)
  SLIBNAME_WITH_MAJOR=$(SLIBNAME).$(LIBMAJOR)
  SLIB_CREATE_DEF_CMD=

This causes the compile to fail, and tracking down exactly how the bootstrap.bash file does all this hokus pokus is making me go bald :)

So, I basically patched the configure script from the ffmpeg archive, re-tarred it and let bootstrap.bash have at it. That seems to work. (although my compile fails for another reason later on while compiling the plugins.)

How would I fix the patch file the proper way?

mean

The bulk of it is split in :
*  cmake/admFFmpegBuild.cmake : Untar ffmpeg / patch it / run
* ffmpeg_package/patches : Where the patches are, including the config.mak

pchristy

I've been building Avidemux-2.6.0 on Slackware 64 bit systems (both 13.37 and now 14.0) without any issues at all. It just works! Indeed, as of version 14, you don't even need fakeroot anymore!

However, I have now made a slackbuild script to generate a standard slackware package. Its quite simple - you simply run the bootstrap.bash script without any suffixes, then cd into the install directory and run the usual slackware binary stripping followed by makepkg. It works a treat for me!

I can post it here if anyone is interested. The only caveat is that I've only tested it on two systems, both 64 bit, so if you have issues with it, you will have to do your own debugging.....!

--
Pete
--
Pete

rosc

Well to be honest when I said slackware, I should have mentioned it was v12.2.0 and manually upgraded over the years, so technically, my system is a mess lol

I can usually figure out why compiles fail (not a programmer here) but avidemux has an unusual (to me) build system, which makes it difficult for me to track down how to fix the makefiles & such.  I'm only a plain vanilla slackware admin. :)

pchristy

Ah! There's probably something crucial in your system that has got overlooked in the upgrade process! Its easily done! But I can assure you that it builds perfectly on both 13.37 and 14 without any intervention!

I know what you mean about the unconventional build method, but Hey! It works! (For me, anyway!)

;D

--
Pete