News:

--

Main Menu

Impossible to apply filters ! Please help

Started by ebon, October 27, 2012, 08:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ebon

Hi guys,

I'm new here and i just downloaded AVIDEMUX2.6.0.

I need to convert many videos of mine in the format *.AVI into the format *.MP4 and apply filters on them (mainly rotate and crop).
To do so, I open the video in Avidemux, I clic on "Video - Filters" and I apply a 270Ã,° rotate filter + a groping of the video.
The 2 filters appear on the right of the "filters" window and the preview is perfect, filters applied.

When i "close" the "filters" window, there is no change on my initial video. When i save it, it converts it in *.AVI

I don't get it, i followed a tutorial and i seem to do everything well. What did I miss guys.

Please help me  :)

Jan Gruuthuse

Your windows version and is it 32/64-bit.
What is the revision number of avidemux 2.6.0. You find this in main menu: help: about. Where did you download avidemux?
The preview used was in filters?
When you use view filtered output and play the video, you should see the end result. Only whilst playing.
You did use the 1st save icon? The filtered view is the last icon on the top right. Both underscored in red.
If it does not work with mp4 muxer, try mp4v2 muxer.

ebon

Thanks for your reply Jan,

My windows version is 32bits.

I can't find any revision number on the "about" of avidemix.

I downloaded it from here: http://www.clubic.com/telecharger-fiche30172-avidemux.html

When i talked about preview, it is in the filters window, indeed.

"When you use view filtered output and play the video, you should see the end result. Only whilst playing."
--> When i close the filters window i see the original video. I only see it filtered on the filters window and i can't really play it but just move the cursor and see it frame per frame if you know what i mean.

"You did use the 1st save icon? "
--> yes

"The filtered view is the last icon on the top right. Both underscored in red."
--> I cant find it!

If it does not work with mp4 muxer, try mp4v2 muxer.
--> Should i download this? I dont get what you mean sorry :)

Thanks again anyways

Jan Gruuthuse

Download avidemux_r8262_win32.7z unpack with 7-zip. You should obtain a folder release.
Replace the content where avidemux is installed with its content. See if this improves.

ebon

I just saw your reply :)

I downloaded the file and did as you suggested but it didn't work. I could'nt copy most of the files in the downloaded folder.

Do you know where the problem comes from? I tried installing the soft from the official website and the problem is the same. I also tried an older version of avidemux and apparently it didn't dupport the format of the video.

ebon

But now, when I apply the filter and go back to the main window, I can clic on "output" and when i play the video, filters are applied while playing. When i stop the video it goes back original. And when i save the video, it saves it original, without any filter applied to it  :-\

Jan Gruuthuse

It should not be doing that? When it shows up in preview, then it should save with apllied filters? Long time since I worked windows. Is this not related to the used windows: the newer windows is Vista, 7 and 8 the more restrictions you encounter as user. Not allowed to write in some folders, need to run as administrator, ...
Check for your windows how to Run a Program in Compatibility Mode and set it to XP sp3
Meanwhile you could use the latest version again: avidemux_r8287_win32.7z
When saving do use the Main menu: File: Save or keyboard shortcut: [Ctrl][S]

ebon

i want the video to be saved with filters applied :/
I runed it as the administrator and seting it with XP but same problem.
Isn't there any other soft which could help me rotate and crop my mp4 videos? It seems like I won't be able to use avidemux

Jan Gruuthuse

Install ubuntu pagolin precise 12.04.1 as 2nd os. Use 10 Gb part of partition on 1st or 2nd hard disc. You then can use bios menu boot selection to choose either windows or ubuntu. Run avidemux from there. If you not familiar with these procedure look for help (computer geek).

AQUAR

@ jacobz,

Quite an Old topic:
In responding to it are you asking for help or pointing it out via the link?

If help is needed you need to be more specific - by describing what you are doing and what version of ADM you are using.