custom scripts don't load + quick quality question

Started by Nik, December 27, 2012, 05:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nik

Hey all :)

just updated to the newest nightly build, talking about x32 version here
(x64 version has no ass/ssa support, so I can't use it, beside that it's like 75% slower :o )

anyway, I opened a vid file, made all settings to x264 codec, filters, audio encoder and saved it as spidermonkey project (also tried python).
opened the file and removed the load video part
then I moved the file to /roaming/avidemux folder

avidemux finds the file on load
I open a video file and click on the custom script, but nothing happens at all!

Is the the correct way?

I don't know if it's ok to open a new thread because of this question:
does setting
Psychovisual Rate Dist. Opt. to 1,00
Intra Luma Quant. Deadzone to 12
and Loop filter to -1 / -1
gain any quality AND filesize optimization boost?

Thanks for quick help :)

Jan Gruuthuse

When you start avidemux fresh, load video and apply script, you should see the settings change. That is all what the script does if found in custom. Not 100% certain all is set under spindermonkey, believe it does under tinypy project.
Like here: 2.6 audio track switching in job.py

Nik

Hey Jan :)

yes, I know it did work for me in 2.5
but since 2.6 nothing happens :o
I made diverse scripts and saved them as py and js, but none of them work for me :o
all I did was removing the part where it says load video

in some earlier 2.6 nightly builds avidemux was using the folder avidemux6, so I put my scripts there.
Now it seems to look for them in the avidemux folder, finds them, lists them, but nothing happens if I click on them :)

Jan Gruuthuse

Don't know if this is windows related? I'm on ubuntu.
In avidemux6 I have another folder: custom. Here you put this file (attached). Upon starting avidemux should find it and place this in Main Menu -> Custom. With a video loaded select in custom xvid2avcMKV. You should see change to Output Format: Mkv Muxer and Video Output to Mpeg4 AVC (x264). Then save video.

Nik

yes, in windows it seems to look now in the avidemux folder without the 6 at the end
I tried your script and this one works, it switches like you described

hmm, I noticed some invisible characters in the script file avidemux creates (using notepad to edit :P), maybe I got some left in my scripts that cause problems
I'll play around some more

Jan Gruuthuse

Use Notepad++, should be a good one, used this in my windows days. Glad this is now working.

Nik

very odd
I just used notepad++ to edit and had 2 py files, both looked identical but only 1 worked ... lol

at least I got it to work now :)

edit: I replied too early ... the scripts load without problems now, but the video in avidemux doesn't play anymore. it plays before loading the script but not after
nothing happens when I click on the play button or hit space key
seeking just crashed avidemux and now I can't restart it anymore O_o;;
edit2: I can start it again after deleting crash.py which was 0 Bytes in size.

another thing I noticed for some time now: in stop mode, avidemux shows the unfiltered video even when you set it to show the output video
all filters are applied only when it plays the video!!

should I open a new thread with the x264 settings question?

Nik

I got some more informations on this problem:

after loading the script nothing happens when I click on the "configure" button for video decoder (same thing about the "decoder option" menu)
if I click on "information" in the file menu, avidemux crashes, creates a 0 Bytes big crash.py file which I have to delete to make avidemux work again.

very odd

Simon 1402

Also getting this on x32. Have script saved on 2.5.6 to (a) set video to x264, (b) set audio to mp3 and (c) set format to mp4. with 2.6.0 or 2.6.1 invoking the script has no effect whatsoever.

Here is script:
//AD
var app = new Avidemux();

//** Video Codec conf **
app.video.codecPlugin("32BCB447-21C9-4210-AE9A-4FCE6C8588AE", "x264", "CQ=0", "(null)");

//** Audio **
app.audio.reset();
app.audio.codec("Lame",128,20,"80 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ");
app.audio.normalizeMode=0;
app.audio.normalizeValue=0;
app.audio.delay=0;
app.audio.mixer="NONE";

app.setContainer("MP4");

Nik

I found no solution yet :o

now I did!

if anyone has these problems, it's clever to get rid of adm.clearSegments() in the script, lol