News:

--

Main Menu

Avidemux 2.6.1 MacPorts Portfile

Started by steginger, December 28, 2012, 04:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steginger

Hi,

for those interested, I made a portfile for building a stock avidemux 2.6.1 (no patches apart from what I needed to build it correctly) with MacPorts (attached).
Just put it to a local repository and install avidemux (also check the build variants for optional components you might want to have).

Works/Builds for me on 2 machines with OS X 10.8.2, Xcode 4.5.2, and a current MacPorts installation.
Some comments:

• Always crashes on very first start (after that it's fine)
  • An application icon is created in the MacPorts application folder. You can start avidemux with it, but it doesn't seem to find any plugins then, so it's not usable... don't know yet why, just start it manually via Terminal for now.
    Maybe a developer can explain to me how plugin scanning works...
  • Apart from that it seems to work more or less. Got a couple (sometimes frequent) crashes... I don't know if it is due to my builds or 2.6.1 isn't that stable yet.

I added the dependencies to other libraries similar to the homebrew recipe and/or the option flags from cmake... but I don't know if they are complete and unfortunately I didn't find any definitive list what's mandatory and what's optional...
Comments & improvements welcome...

Have fun,
steginger