quantiser = 0 for mp4v2, VAQ strength doesn't store correctly + other stuff :)

Started by Nik, January 05, 2013, 12:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nik

alright, some more weird things (for me) I found in r8356 x32

a) if I use output format MP4v2 Muxer, the quantiser value shown during encoding a video is always 0.

b) in x264 settings, if I use a value of e.g. 0.8 for VAQ strength, it saves 0.5 instead in custom config

c) subtitels don't work yet (copying libfontconfig, libxml2-2 from 2.5 to 2.6 didn't work for me)

d) delogo filter is found in the sharpness category, is that correct this way?

e) contrast filter shows no set value(s)

f1) if I use a ts file recorded on tv, avidemux plays the audio in sync to the video, but after encoding it (MP4v2, AC3(aften)) it's not in sync
shifting the audio by 120 ms make it look in sync again here

f2) if I change the output format to avi, it again is desync. I made some quick encoding test and had to shift it by 450 ms now to make it look sync

g) shifting audio "to the right", using a positive value, doesn't result in "silence" + "shifted audio", instead it plays the audio stream and starts again after the shifted time value
(this can be avoided by not cutting the video to start at the desired time for encoding, but using the markers to encode the video. Using markers of course doesn't change subtitle starting time. if subtitles should appear 10 sec after the video started, the time before marker A has to be considered)

hmm, that's all for now :)

Nik