Recent directories in Open/Save dialogues

Started by mulder77, January 23, 2013, 09:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mulder77

Hi together,

maybe I am a bit blind, but I remember that I used to have the Open and Save dialogues with the option of a drop down list with recently used directories.
Now, I don't have them anymore.

I am using the QT4 version on an XFCE desktop.

Right now, I don't know where to look for such setting.

Any hint?

Thanks
Markus

mean

It's done by xfce file manager, not by avidemux

mulder77

After looking into it, I didn't manage to find the switch for configuring such option.
Any hint?

mulder77

I reverted my system back to a snapshot which was made before the most recent system upgrade I did with yum on the Fedora system where I run avidemux.
Now, I have the behaviour as seen before with a drop down list where I can jump directly to the most recently used directories.

I inspected the packages which are marked to be updated but I don't find any related to XFCE.
But some QT4 packages shall be updated.

And I didn't find a way to configure such options.

Any further ideas?

mulder77

I attached a screenshot of the open dialogue box where I opened the drop down list.
I just want to make sure what I was referring to.

I will re-apply the system upgrade now and I will take a look into the Qt4 libs which have been updated with this upgrade. I created a backup of the current version to verify if it's one of these libraries.

mulder77

After re-applying the update, the same open dialogue now looks like this.
It looks quiet different and some other buttons are missing as well: back and forward, up, create folder etc.

How can I manage to get back the old dialogues?

mean

mulder77

I was able to isolate the library which causes this change: libQtGui.so.4.8.4
I linked this one to the old version in my snapshot I now I have the dialogue back as used to be.

The change was done with this package upgrade:

---> Package qt-x11.x86_64 1:4.8.4-1.fc17 will be updated
---> Package qt-x11.x86_64 1:4.8.4-6.fc17 will be an update

What might be a reason that avidemux falls back to that basic dialogue after this change?

mean

Yes, avidemux just asks a file selector to Qt
That's qt that manages the recent folders stuff,not avidemux