Avidemux 2.5.6 uses all CPU cycles...

Started by abrogard, February 18, 2013, 12:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abrogard

I have an Athlon 64 3200 on an Asus A8NSLI with a Sapphire Radeon X800 video card.

Avidemux has been loaded with an MP4 file made by Atube Catcher from a Youtube download.  I just want to cut out a small segment of it.

Avidemux loads and runs it okay but I can hardly get any mouse pointer movement. It is all jerky and/or slow or nothing. 

I've never seen this happen before. 

And I've used Avidemux before - though it was so long ago I don't remember anything about it except that there were no problems ( I remember the problem software ) ....

Anyone got an idea what might be happening?  I think my system should be good enough for  this little task, surely?

When I looked in task manager Avidemux seemed to be taking 85% of cycles.

Am I perhaps doing something wrong - having it try some sort of conversion when all I want it to do is play the thing until we get to the area I want to put a marker in as the start of my segment, then move onto the end, mark, cut, save, finish.

Jan Gruuthuse

Try with 2.6.1? What is your operating system? If that mp4 is with h264 or avc encoding, that could be an cpu processing power issue?
Upload a 5 second similar video clip to rapidshare or similar and provide a downlink to it. Could be something funny is going on with that video?
Sapphire Radeon X800 video card won't be a big help either? Hardware over 5 years old or even older?