Compile error: error: ‘QT_TR_NOOP’ was not declared in this scope

Started by c_korn, May 10, 2013, 06:22:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c_korn

Hello,

trying to build a Debian package for the Ubuntu application site getdeb.net there is this compile error with avidemux2.6-2.6.4 on Ubuntu 13.04 amd64:

/home/korn/packages/avidemux/new/raring/avidemux2.6-2.6.4/avidemux/gtk/ADM_userInterfaces/ui_support.cpp:54:26: error: ââ,¬ËœQT_TR_NOOPââ,¬â,,¢ was not declared in this scope

Please help.

mean

Patch already posted in the patch gallery

The Gtk interface is lagging behing the Qt interface, not sure you should bundle it

c_korn

Oh, thanks, I was too happy that you have a special Unix forum that I did not look down the forum entirely ;)

I will test that patch immediately.

Yeah, I already mentioned that the GTK GUI is missing the x264 option:
http://www.avidemux.org/smf/index.php/topic,12027.0.html

Jan Gruuthuse

As mean says. Don't include GTK, several things are not implemented or functional. No developer(s) currently working on avidemux GTK. Lack of time and resources. You want do users any favors including GTK and GTK plugins.

wb666greene

The documentation Wiki is broken again.

I had the same error.

I can try without GTK, although I had issues with the QT version in 2.5.2 on Ubuntu 10.04.

Without the wiki instructions, I'm guessing at trying to get the build command correct :(

Why doesn't the readme file have top level instructions on how to build from the tarball?

Jan Gruuthuse

for ubuntu you need to update cmake: http://www.cmake.org/

currently have these on  ubuntu 12.04, 12.10 and 13.04

sudo apt-get install build-essential cmake cmake-data cmake-dbg fakeroot fontconfig g++ gcc gettext git liba52-0.7.4-dev libaften-dev libasound2-dev libasound2-dbg libass-dev libdca-dev libdts-dev libfaac-dev libfaad-dev libfreetype6-dev libfribidi-dev libftgl-dev libftgl2 libglib2.0-dev libglib2.0-0-dbg libmad0-dev libmp3lame-dev libopencore-amrnb-dev libopencore-amrnb0-dbg libopencore-amrwb-dev libopencore-amrwb0-dbg libpng12-dev libqt4-dev libqt4-dbg libqt4-opengl-dev libqt4-script libqt4-script-dbg libsamplerate0-dev libsdl-sound1.2-dev libsqlite3-dev libsqlite3-0-dbg libtwolame-dev libvdpau-dev libvorbis-dev libvorbis-dev libvpx-dev libvpx1-dbg libwxsqlite3-2.8-0 libx264-dev libxft-dev libxml2-dev libxml2-dbg libxslt1-dbg libxv-dev libxv1-dbg libxvmc1-dbg libxvidcore-dev libzip-dev pkg-config sqlite3 subversion vdpauinfo xsltproc yasm

when you got the source (I have svn)
svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.6_branch_mean
cd avidemux_2.6_branch_mean

update svn:
cd avidemux_2.6_branch_mean && svn update
got in to folder with source
bash bootStrap.bash --deb --with-qt4 --without-gtk --with-cli

wb666greene

Using your command it appeared to compile and build the debs.

Ubuntu 13.04 has cmake 2.8.10, newer was only released last week!

I will likely get back to you once I have trouble compiling my custom plug in.

Any idea when the wiki will be back up?

Jan Gruuthuse

2.8.10 should be fine, should have mentioned if cmake version was smaller then 2.8.8.
No idea at all when wiki will be fully up, It is now completely empty.
I'm just basic user and not involved with avidemux operation/development/forum. Just trying to help from my experience working with avidemux.