News:

--

Main Menu

SVN compilation problem

Started by ClemD, July 04, 2013, 11:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClemD

Hi there,

As you may know (see my Source Code topic) I have to code a video edition software and my purpose is to start from avidemux in order to do that.

So, I'd like to compile the source code (version 2.5.6) to get an executable and test the code.

Here is the link that explains what I should do.

I got some problem with the following step :

QuoteDownloading source code from SVN

The source code for Avidemux and some of its dependencies must be downloaded from subversion repositories. TortoiseSVN supports all subversion protocols. Follow these steps to download code from an SVN URL:

Open Windows Explorer and click on the C: drive with the right mouse button.
    Choose SVN Checkout from the popup menu.
    Enter the URL of repository, e.g. svn://svn.berlios.de/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.3_branch/.
    Enter a Checkout directory, e.g. c:\Dev\avidemux.
    Click OK to download the source code.

I tried every url that I could imagine, svn://svn.berlios.de/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.5_branchgruntster/, svn://svn.berlios.de/avidemux/tags/avidemux_2.5.6/, even with svn://svn.berlios.de/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.3_branch/ or something like "http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/avidemux/tags/avidemux_2.5.6/?#ab1ebbce27e9372896c732d096b66411c". Nothing worked, connection seems impossible.

How could I solve this problem ?

Looking forward to hearing from you !

ALl the best,

ClemD

Jan Gruuthuse

This one should work: (did on unbuntu)
1st time:
svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.5_branch_gruntster/
update:
change into folder and
svn update

Perhaps this sheds some more light on svn, look for turn our attention to the client.: Setting up Subversion on Windows

ClemD

Thank you for helping :)

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on July 04, 2013, 11:59:37 AM
This one should work: (did on unbuntu)
1st time:
svn co svn://svn.berlios.de/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.5_branch_gruntster/
update:
change into folder and
svn update

Perhaps this sheds some more light on svn, look for turn our attention to the client.: Setting up Subversion on Windows

Where should I write "svn co" or "svn update" ? I can't write it just before the url address... cause what I'm asked to write is only a url address  :-\

Jan Gruuthuse

svn co is linux command line instruction (checkout)
for windows use:
svn://svn.berlios.de/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.5_branch_gruntster/ as shown here:

ClemD

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on July 04, 2013, 12:46:25 PM
svn co is linux command line instruction (checkout)
for windows use:
svn://svn.berlios.de/avidemux/branches/avidemux_2.5_branch_gruntster/ as shown here:

Then it's exactly what I did... and I can ensure you it fails :'(

Jan Gruuthuse

ClemD

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on July 04, 2013, 02:18:46 PM
Probably similar issue as here?
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/111543/tortoisesvn-error-options-of-https-could-not-connect-to-server.

Oh I'm sorry. I thought I had to translate the french part but I forgot : it basically says it's a timeout.

Maybe it's a similar issue, I'll read attentively. Thanks !

ClemD

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on July 04, 2013, 02:25:57 PM
download 2.5.6 source 2.5.6 (tar.gz) from here: http://fixounet.free.fr/avidemux/download.html unpack with 7zip

Well, in fact I already have source code, it's easy to get it here, the link is given in the general compilation instructions paragraph from the wiki article.

I really find this tutorial hard to understand, as I'm not used at all to compile a whole software.

May I skip the part that causes problem ?

Jan Gruuthuse

svn part is only needed to download the source in your case. Unfortunately I'm not much help to you as I don't have windows, nor am I a developer. Just a user that build package provided by developers.

ClemD

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on July 04, 2013, 03:27:58 PMUnfortunately I'm not much help to you

Don't apology, you already helped me ;)

Thank you ! I'll see what I can do :)

ClemD

Hi there,

I still have some problem using MinGW on windows with the Avidemux dependencies/Install Dependencies/SpiderMonkey/Using MinGW/h

There is indeed no gcc.exe file, from where should that file come ?

Thank you for helping :)

mit

Quote from: ClemD on July 10, 2013, 02:50:05 PM
Hi there,

I still have some problem using MinGW on windows .....................................................
Stiil using Windows, stiil have problems...  :P

Sorry, but i could not hold back!  ;D

ClemD

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on July 10, 2013, 03:52:53 PM
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Getting_Started

Thank you Jan, I'll read it right now and I'll see what I can do ;)

Quote from: mit on July 10, 2013, 04:49:33 PM
Stiil using Windows, stiil have problems...  :P

Sorry, but i could not hold back!  ;D

;D ;D ;D

I really don't mind, I'm not a windows user for personal life and I have understood that developing on windows (and not linux) is a bad bad thing :P