Main Menu

SVN compilation problem

Started by ClemD, July 04, 2013, 11:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClemD

Quote from: ClemD on July 11, 2013, 06:57:07 AM
Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on July 10, 2013, 03:52:53 PM
http://www.mingw.org/wiki/Getting_Started

Thank you Jan, I'll read it right now and I'll see what I can do ;)

It seems it is a different way of installing MinGW, using mingw-get-inst instead of downloading each specific package as in the Avidemux article.

If I'm right, I'd like not to mix two methods, because I fear my files would become a mess :-\

The wiki article is unclear about something that is important, step Microsoft Windows/Build environment/Install build environment/MinGW. I quote :

QuoteExtract the contents of each MinGW tarball (binutils, gcc-core, gcc-g++, mingw-runtime, mingw-utils, w32api) to a folder on your hard-drive, e.g. C:\Dev\MinGW.

How should we organize the contents of each MinGW tarball inside the C:\Dev\MinGW ? Because later (step Microsoft Windows/Avidemux dependencies/Install dependencies/Expat) it talks about the MinGW bin folder, without even mentioning its existence, what it should include, etc, before ! :(

mit

Quote from: ClemD on July 11, 2013, 06:57:07 AM

;D ;D ;D

I really don't mind, I'm not a windows user for personal life and I have understood that developing on windows (and not linux) is a bad bad thing :P
I'm glad.I remember its required by your internship, but unfortunately i cant help you.
Perhaps you can find something usefully here

ClemD

Quote from: mit on July 11, 2013, 08:25:49 AM
Perhaps you can find something usefully here

I'm not sure... I really think the problem lies in the C:\Dev\MinGW file organization

QuoteI remember its required by your internship, but unfortunately i cant help you.

It's ok ;)

I've asked mean some help through PM, usually he's nice with me (I mean, mean isn't mean :P ).

About windows as a requirement, I might have an opportunity to install it, but it would only be if I'm really, really stuck on windows. So I'm doing my best to stay on windows, but if I fail (not yet :P ), I'll see if I can install Ubuntu.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: ClemD on July 11, 2013, 08:50:50 AM
I've asked mean some help through PM, usually he's nice with me (I mean, mean isn't mean :P ).
Mean is always nice. Most chance to get replies is posting within this forum, mainly due to lack of time pm gets overlooked/disregarded ...
The wiki may be somewhat dated (2.5.4 mostly)
If no reply from mean stating otherwise: would try installing a working MinGW: these should have installed the exe files. bin may also be exe.
When MinGw is working then follow up with avidemux needed stuff. There should be some documentation within the avidemux source to crosscheck on needed packages.

ClemD

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on July 11, 2013, 09:22:14 AM
Quote from: ClemD on July 11, 2013, 08:50:50 AM
Mean is always nice.

Yes, I wasn't suggesting the opposite ;)

QuoteIf no reply from mean stating otherwise: would try installing a working MinGW: these should have installed the exe files.

Ok, I'll see :)

ClemD

Hi there ! Hope you're getting well :)

It's been a couple of weeks since I posted last time, and few things happened since.

I managed to get a computer working on Linux, but unfortunately I couldn't choose the distribution, so I'm now on CentOS.

As there is no tutorial about compiling avidemux on CentOS (nearest is probably fedora), I got some help from IT to install dependencies.

But I still have problems, compilation process fails at about 93%.

Here is what the system says :

LD   libavutil/libADM5avutil.so.51
LD   libavcodec/libADM5avcodec.so.53
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lavutil
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[3]: *** [libavcodec/libADM5avcodec.so.53] Error 1

Indeed, there is no libADM5avcodec file into libavcodec directory. But there is a libavcodec.v file. Same thing with
libavutil.

I also get a problem after :

*** No rule to make target `avidemux/ADM_libraries/ffmpeg/libswscale/libADM5swscale.so.2', needed by `avidemux/ADM_coreImage/src/libADM_coreImage.so'.  Stop.
make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
[ 93%] Building CXX object avidemux/ADM_coreImage/src/CMakeFiles/ADM_coreImage.dir/DIA_flyDialog.cpp.o
make[1]: *** [avidemux/ADM_coreImage/src/CMakeFiles/ADM_coreImage.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2
*** fail make_main ***

Exactly same thing : no libADM5swscale file but a libswscale.v one.

Do I have to change the name of the files ? Is it that simple ?

Looking forward to hearing from you :)

All the best

ClemD

PS : I attach the system answer to the whole process of compilation for those who want more information

mean

It's something specific to centos/fedora
There is thread about that in the forum
(if you are lucky mit will swing by, he know these problems)

If you can, the easiest is to use debian or ubuntu. It's really painless.

ClemD

Quote from: mean on July 29, 2013, 11:48:25 AM
It's something specific to centos/fedora
There is thread about that in the forum
(if you are lucky mit will swing by, he know these problems)

Great ! =D

If you can, the easiest is to use debian or ubuntu. It's really painless.

Well...  ;D ;D ;D

I installed Ubuntu 3 weeks ago, but this is absolutely against company policy (you know, standard and all). So my boss asked me to remove it, and I must admit I epic failed. I don't know exactly what happened but grub could not reach files, so I couldn't boot neither Ubuntu nor Windows. The IT changed the computer (yeah, I know, it could have been saved but I guess IT was lazy ?). My coworkers are still laughing about it :P

That's why I think you'll understand why I won't try again, won't you ? ;D

mean

you could run ubuntu inside virtualbox
Will be a bit slow, but that would not break company policy

ClemD

Quote from: mean on July 29, 2013, 12:32:32 PM
you could run ubuntu inside virtualbox
Will be a bit slow, but that would not break company policy

Too slow... last year I had an internship in which my chief installed a virtualbox and ran ubuntu inside ; he had to install it an other way, it really was too slow.

Windows xp is so slow alone, I wouldn't imagine it running ubuntu :o

If I was alone, I guess I wouldn't have tried to uninstall Ubuntu, cause it was working fine until then ;D

(except that I hadn't the Internet on it - proxy stuff and all)

mit

Hey, welcome back!  ;)
Quote from: mean...if you are lucky mit will swing by...
If this can be called luck, probably you'r realy lacky, bacause after couple of test, i just serender and i've stoped Avidemux tests few days ago.But now i'm testing my new installed browser QupZilla (by the way i'm very glad) and i decided to  swing by.
Quote from: ClemD... I couldn't choose the distribution, so I'm now on CentOS.
You no need to choose distribution.You already have the best one.  ;D Otherwise when meant mentioned above, i've recommended Debian
I can tell what you need to compile successfully on CentOS if you want
P.S This had to be posted before your few posts, but whit my English this is not possible!

ClemD

Quote from: mit on July 29, 2013, 12:53:00 PM
I can tell what you need to compile successfully on CentOS if you want

You can't imagine how much I'd like to go on into my internship, it's been weeks since I feel like I'm stuck.

P.S This had to be posted before your few posts, but whit my English this is not possible!

In which language would you prefer to help me ? :)

mit

Quote from: ClemD on July 29, 2013, 01:01:50 PM
In which language would you prefer to help me ? :)
O no, i meant i'm write slowly and lag with posts when have i realtime discussion  :-\
As i see you trying to compile 2.5 version, so i i will tell you which dependencies is needed by this version. (bit later)

ClemD

Quote from: mit on July 29, 2013, 01:24:08 PM
O no, i meant i'm write slowly and lag with posts when have i realtime discussion  :-\

Oh, ok, alright then, don't worry ;)

As i see you trying to compile 2.5 version, so i i will tell you which dependencies is needed by this version. (bit later)

Great =D

This is so nice ! I tried several forums and here is the only one where I found some help. Thank you all, sincerely =)

mit

First run that:
Code (just copy paste and hit return) Select

sudo yum groupinstall "Development tools"

Then:
Code (just copy paste and hit return) Select

sudo yum install  cmake  gettext-devel intltool  libxslt  yasm-devel  libxml2-devel fontconfig-devel  freetype-devel  js-devel  libXv-devel  libXmu-devel  libsamplerate-devel  jack-audio-connection-kit-devel  libass-devel  alsa-lib-devel   pulseaudio-libs-devel  SDL-devel a52dec-devel  faac-devel  faad2-devel  lame-devel  libmad-devel  libogg-devel  libvorbis-devel  libdca-devel  opencore-amr-devel  libvpx-devel  twolame-devel  xvidcore-devel  x264-devel  ffmpeg-devel mjpegtools-devel gtk2-devel cairo-devel qt4-devel

and tell me if report some packages are not avalable (the names of the packages or all terminall content)