News:

--

Main Menu

Fade out won't work

Started by kbutler63, January 17, 2014, 07:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbutler63

I can't get the fade-out filter to do anything. Using version 2.6.7 with windows 7 and windows 8. The other filters work fine. Maybe I'm not putting in the start and end time settings properly? Tried putting fade-ins and fade-outs at beginning middle and end, resulting in nothing. Are there any instructions for fade-in and fade-out available? Any help you can offer? Thanks!

BG Davis

Here we are a year later and no answer.  I'm having exactly the same problem.
Hope someone will help!

Jan Gruuthuse

BG Davis

Right.  Except it doesn't work for at least two of us.  If we are doing something wrong, a helpful answer would provide some guidance.  A helpful answer would not be snide, sarcastic and dismissive.    Try it, you may even learn to like it.

eumagga0x2a

Please describe what you are trying to achieve. Both "Fade" and "Fade in" filters work* fine on their own, so it is necessary to understand the use case.

*) I refer always to the current git master.

Jan Gruuthuse

Function of filters @ our YouTube channel:
- Fade to black Filter, How to
- Fade Filter, How to
Confirmed both filters do work

3sat 6.220 secs extract
- x264
- nvidiaH264

filters applied second 1 to 3
- Fade and No Fade
- FadeToBlack [Out]
- FadeToBlack [In]

the videos can be downloaded: 3SatFades.zip, 1 file, 35 MB in total ・ Will be deleted on 26 December, 2017
Download link https://we.tl/D1tXkezJKb

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
For Developers:
What is open for discussion is the fade filter function, seems to work reverse?
Fade ends with 1st image of fade.
Should that not be from [A ] to [ B] fading 1st frame gradually out over the selection ending with last frame [ B]
In sample fade ends with 3sat logo (1st frame). see attached screenshot of video and the uploaded fade samples