News:

--

Main Menu

temptative maverick build

Started by mean, August 10, 2014, 06:46:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mean

yami

It opens OK and so on... and I found the SUBTITLES!!! I am testing the filter... with x264 - or is it still like the old filter, where you had to use xvid4? I took an .ass, it didn't show in the preview though. I'll edit this post later, with the outcome ^^.

Jan Gruuthuse

In avidemux subtitles are only available in the filter subsection when re encoding the video. See attached screen shot: all light green marked areas. Using this the subtitles are burnt in to the video image. Or you can have these as a separate stream in to the mkv stream with MKVmerge (gui). This is as sample video 11 MB with .ass subtitle stream into mkv container: AvidemuxMovingInVideo
Check if it plays on your mobile phone and can select the subtitle stream on and off. No idea if this is possible on iPhone(s). Next windows release (10) should have .mkv support build into it (I read somewhere), Recognizing this open video format. ;)
Don't play online, but download.

yami

My normal workflow was encoding a huge mkv 'pre-raw' with Avidemux and then encoding the mp4 raw for release with Handbrake from it (for the softsubs in mkv I just muxed down the mp4 with the script). For the hardsubs, I took the 'pre-raw' and muxed in the .ass file with MKVMerge (attaching the necessary fonts there) and burnt them in with Handbrake, avoiding that way a third encode. This worked fine so far, albeit rather slow, because I could use the Decomb filter from Handbrake ^^

So, I can't just load say, a Spider-Monkey js to open a stream with all the stuff that needs to be done in and load the .ass on top of the filters to have it burnt in straight. I first have to make either my mp4 (2 encodes) or at least the mkv (one encode), right?
Concerning the fonts: Do I have to attach the fonts then to the .ass if I use Avidemux for the hardsub? Or, if I muxed down first, can I actually pull them for the filter from the mkv, where I attached the fonts to, and Avidemux will find the fonts there?

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: yami on October 29, 2014, 05:46:17 PM
>8 >8
So, I can't just load say, a Spider-Monkey js to open a stream with all the stuff that needs to be done in and load the .ass on top of the filters to have it burnt in straight. I first have to make either my mp4 (2 encodes) or at least the mkv (one encode), right?
Concerning the fonts: Do I have to attach the fonts then to the .ass if I use Avidemux for the hardsub? Or, if I muxed down first, can I actually pull them for the filter from the mkv, where I attached the fonts to, and Avidemux will find the fonts there?
If Spider-Monkey is running correctly. Test it, and verify it does what you expect to do so. I only use .PY (python)
Avidemux works with assigned font, if installed on the system: burned in to picture
I have not tested .ass using other fonts (subtitle stream).
According this:
QuoteAdding a font file (Arial.ttf) as an attachment:
$ mkvpropedit movie.mkv --add-attachment Arial.ttf
It should be possible doing so.
source: mkvpropedit -- Modify properties of existing Matroska(tm)