Combining A Single Picture With An Hour Long Video File

Started by tinker123, October 13, 2014, 09:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinker123

Hi,

I'm on Mint 17.  Do I need to install ffmpeg to use avidemux?

I want to combine a single picture with an hour long MP3 to make a video in AVI that I can upload to YouTube.

I found some directions here
http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.php?id=tutorial:create_video_from_still_image_and_from_audio_file

I didn't understand the directions.

Does part 2 mean I have to copy, then paste thousands of copies of the single image for all the frames of the video I want?
Paste to where?

Thank you

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: tinker123 on October 13, 2014, 09:57:10 PM
I'm on Mint 17.  Do I need to install ffmpeg to use avidemux?
Not if you intend only to use avidemux, it has an internal one. If you want to use outside: yes or use if already present in your release?
avconv --version
if already present in your release?

QuoteI want to combine a single picture with an hour long MP3 to make a video in AVI that I can upload to YouTube.
>8 >8 >8
Does part 2 mean I have to copy, then paste thousands of copies of the single image for all the frames of the video I want?
Paste to where?
Not exactly:
- You load your png (rgb) picture in avidemux
- Once your picture is loaded, copy this in avidemux with simultaneous key press [Ctrl][C]
- Now you can paste is with [Ctrl][V] and keep it pressed down.
- Keep an eye on the navigation while doing so.
- You will notice the time increasing at: [Time] [0:00:00.000] /00:00:10:640 or at B: [00:00:10.640]

- keep it pressed down until you have +- 60 seconds
- now move slider to end of your 60 seconds created video clip in avidemux and mark this location [ B]
- again copy this marked bloc video with [Ctrl][C]
- and paste this marked video with  [Ctrl][V] and keep it pressed down. until the timer reaches the required time + 1 minute extra of your required video time.
That should be it ;)

Remarks:
When you save the video like that you get an avi of 19.9 GB in png video format, and it will very rarely play.
Probably you need to chose another container instead of avi, like .mp4 and choose a Video Output like Mpeg4 AVC (x264).
Depending the screen format of the used image (720x576) this will take another 16 minutes to create the video (36.7 MB).

Jan Gruuthuse

considerations:
I hit several times the ceiling of processing on my core i7-3770K with 16 GB memory. Probably due to the recording at the same time, but still.
Probably the best work flow
In avidemux:
1 photo copy paste  to 25 frames
25 frames copy paste to 1 second
1 second copy paste to 1 minute
1 minute -> save re-encode to h264 in another container

load this 1 minute video in avidemux
copy paste append 9 times to 10 minute video (drag and drop)
save with copy (is already encoded h264)
load the 10 minute video
copy paste append 10 minutes video to 1 hour (drag and drop)

Why see the demo video: One photo to 1 hour video 67 MB download
ps watch the downloaded video on your computer with VLC, online player is not showing the subtitles.