Set or Remember Working folders

Started by nebbish, June 13, 2015, 10:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nebbish

AviDemux 2.6.6 on linux (Mint17(64)-Ubuntu14.04)
The current and all previous versions that I have used have a very erratic folder remembering functionality.
It appears the AviDemux defaults to the users Home folder at all times. Which is not unreasonable, but frequently not helpful.

As far as I can tell there is no consistent remembered folder scheme for Opening files. (An Open immediately followed by an append requires tracing the entire path both times.)
Once a file has been saved, some repeat operations will remember the folder.

I think it would be really helpful to have an option to set a working folder.
EG File > Set Working Folder, where I can set, for instance /home/user/MyVideos, or /mnt/MyVideoServer/Videos  as the working folder, and all subsequent Open, Save etc operations will reference that folder.

Jan Gruuthuse

On ubuntu (14.4.2) video is saved into the last folder you use, and did save without error. Example:
~/Videos
~/Music

I can understand avidemux would have issues with removable (network/usb/...) storage, issues could be:
- used naming of files, path's and folders: especially when used with spaces, non US standard ascii.
- difference in NAS filing system: NFS (Sun Network File System), CIFS (Common Internet File System), ...
- network lost, network bottleneck, ...

For processing speed: it's recommended to use local permanently mounted storage for saving (sda/sdb/sdc, ...).
Personally I have 2 x fast 2 TB HD (sata 600), one for source video sdb and save video to sda (local user home: ~/á¹¼ideos)
Finished video's are copied to NAS afterwards.