Fedora build failure with 2.6.10

Started by hobbes1069, July 16, 2015, 06:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hobbes1069

I'm attempting to update the version for Fedora at RPM Fusion but in my local builds I'm getting a failure:

make: Leaving directory '/home/build/rpmbuild/avidemux/BUILD/avidemux_2.6.10/build_plugins_cli'
+ make -C build_plugins_qt4 install DESTDIR=/home/build/rpmbuild/avidemux/BUILDROOT/avidemux-2.6.10-1.fc21.x86_64
make: Entering directory '/home/build/rpmbuild/avidemux/BUILD/avidemux_2.6.10/build_plugins_qt4'
make: *** No rule to make target 'install'.  Stop.
make: Leaving directory '/home/build/rpmbuild/avidemux/BUILD/avidemux_2.6.10/build_plugins_qt4'
error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.gb1eGx (%install)

In order to ensure build flags are being used I'm not using, but pretty much simulating the bootstrap script in my RPM Spec file...

Thanks,
Richard

mean

I think i have a fedora vm somewhere

hobbes1069

On the surface it looks like there are no install targets for the qt4 plugins... I'm trying the bootStrap method now to see if I run into the same issue.

Thanks,
Richard

hobbes1069

I figured it out...

I have both qt4 and qt5 development packages installed, and although I was specifying qt4, and cmake was finding qt4, somehow during the build it was picking up qt5.

The cmake config actually prints a one line error about it but it's not fatal (probably should be).

-- QT4 libraries found, good
-- Checking for avidemux/qt4 includes and lib...
-- It should be /home/build/rpmbuild/avidemux/BUILD/avidemux_2.6.10/fakeRoot//usr/include/avidemux/2.6/qt4/config.h
-- Include for qt4 not found

But config.h was installed to qt5, not qt4.

Thanks,
Richard

mean

On a side note, Qt4 will be obsoleted soon