News:

--

Main Menu

Win XP

Started by pchristy, July 29, 2015, 06:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pchristy

Yes, I know, well past its "sell by" date! But a friend of mine needs to do a task for which Avidemux is ideally suited, and he only has Win XP on his machine. What is the most recent version of Avidemux 2.6 that will run on Win XP? I know 2.6.10 won't because the download section says so, and because I tried it anyway!

And if its earlier than 2.6.9, where can I get it?

TIA,

--
Pete
--
Pete

Jan Gruuthuse

You could try avidemux-mswin gruntster build 2.6.1, if it has what you're looking for.
Otherwise use search engine (google, bing, ...) for xp and avidemux version number 2.6.(1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8 or 9) and one of your trusted windows file mass download provider like (filehippo, softonic, download cnet, ...).

pchristy

Thanks for the pointers, Jan. My friend lives an hour's drive away, and is not a computer wiz, so I dragged an old machine out of the attic that still had XP on it and tried it myself! The cutoff appears to be 2.6.8, which runs fine on my machine. 2.6.9/10 both crash with a dll error message.

So I shall point my friend towards 2.6.8. In fact I'll probably visit him during the week and install it for him!

Cheers,

--
Pete

mean