[REQUEST] [WINDOWS] Progress Bar on task bar, please.

Started by pitoloko, October 08, 2015, 12:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pitoloko

Hi

I'm not sure where to did a request, sorry if the forum is not the proper way to.

I really think that an application that performs "huge" operations such as video conversion or else just a split/cut video operations that could take so long, it needs to implement a visible progress bar in the taskbar as all other (decent)applications does.

It is a known Windows feature that AviDemux developers needs to take advantage of it, I can't think in any reason to avoid the implementation of this feature since all are beneffits for the user experience.

Just to give some additional info, I'm not sure if helpful but for the applications that I develop on .Net platform I use the official Windows API Code Pack library to add progress on the task bar icon of my apps, it is really easy in .Net (VB.Net/C#/VC++), I'm not sure how easy in other language(s):
> http://www.nuget.org/packages/WindowsAPICodePack-Core/

If someone does not knows what I'm talking about, here is an image:

EDIT: Maybe this info could be more useful because Qt:

http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtwinextras-overview.html

Please developers I would like to know your opinion about this improvement, this is one of the things that really need to be implemented in a multimedia-processing software, I'm sure a lot of AviDemux users uses multiple instances of Avidemux and it is a nightmare to know when of one of the instances has terminated the job, since there is no progress bar on taskbar we have to manually track all the AviDemux windows to know it...

Thanks for read.

mean

Sounds interesting but it is windows specific
AFAIK, no one able to do it has windows as primary dev environment

pitoloko

Quote from: mean on October 08, 2015, 12:59:59 PMSounds interesting but it is windows specific
AFAIK, no one able to do it has windows as primary dev environment

Thanks for comment.

I'll imagine that you and AviDemux team in general have a Virtual Machine with Windows installed to test the AviDemux Windows builds, don't?, then there could be tested that feature.

Thanks for read.

mean

I'll try to do a quick hack for this, it looks easy enough

mean