Queue Multiple Audio Tracks Warning

Started by r2ls, January 31, 2016, 05:38:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r2ls

I'm using Avidemx 2.5 to convert TV records to MP4 format. Some recors got multiple audio tracks as AC3 and MP2 or even multiple languages. So I select the main track from the audio menu and it is working fine as long as I just save it. But if I add it to queue and run the queue with multiple conversion, I got a warning message about multiple tracks and the queue does not continue until I click ok on the warning messagebox. Due for me it the sense of the queue to run conversions as long as I am away from PC, this messagebox is interrupting the queue processing.

Any chance to avoid this?

thanks and regards

Jan Gruuthuse

I'm afraid you need other workflow:
use 2.6 (can handle up to 4 audiotracks)
adjust your audio tracks 1st:
use copy for both video and audio
Menu audio (enable wanted/disable unwanted tracks)
save to new video file
enqueue newly save video

or process only video from same source, same audio track layout, then next source.

see for audio: [ur=http://avidemux.org/smif/index.php/topic,10499.0.htmll]2.6 audio track switching in job.py[/url]
batch processing: Sample script : Convert a whole folder
fast editing: demo trim/cut/edit video 2.6 branch way

r2ls

I got 2.6 installed in parallel, so far it is working.

But got some constraints:
- Is there a possibility in 2.6 to hear the track in audio track selection? There 4 tracks, some with different languages and it some kind of lottery to chose one
- If I select "shutdown after processing" for the queue processing, the PC  already shuts down after the first job (of 4)
- Is there a chance to edit jobs after they have been added to queue?

Jan Gruuthuse

When you do this in audio, order and available tracks are distprted.
I'm using VLC -> Tools -> Codec information to check the audio tracks.
Just keep in mind VLC Stream 1 is Avidemux Track 0

For videos on regular basis coming from the same TV station, I use  project files.
see Topic: 2.6 audio track switching in job.py