News:

--

Main Menu

missing save and load filters

Started by Dirtsa, March 05, 2016, 11:52:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dirtsa

Since version 2.6.11. i miss the button save and load filters. Why? (win7 64bit)
In version 2.6.10 you can still see the button.

xpmule

Ya i noticed this too with many of the nightly builds i use.
I guess the dev changed something way back.. no idea why.
It was a handy feature i had used before. (on Windows)

Jan Gruuthuse

Never seen that in Linux, perhaps this why?

AQUAR

This topic has been raised before.

@ Jan
Are you saying those buttons are there in the versions compiled for Linux?

On windows the only way to add a filter to the filter chain is to double click on them.
A right mouse click on a filter will also provide the "add" button but it will not add the filter.

Be nice if Mean can simply respond if the changes are because of intended re-development, or if something has gone wrong in the coding (transition to QT5!).

Jan Gruuthuse

No: [Save filters] / [Load Filters] button, never seen this in Linux. As the filters are already loaded into avidemux, perhaps?

ps: Mean has a big time shortage, so probably has to prioritise (development, ...) and not the time to answer all questions, as we would like to be answered.
As always this my personal, user based, opinion.

AQUAR

@ Jan
I accept ADM's status quo as "under development - time permitting - authors willing".
Lot's of issues aren't responded to because of the status quo.
It's been like that at least as long as I've been using ADM.

IMHO: Anyone that demands quick fixes to their ADM issues should go and purchase a pricey video editor with plenty of resources behind it.

With the save/load filters buttons, you were able to save your filter chain complete with filter configurations, and load them back again on demand. Can't do that anymore as this feature is no longer present in the GUI.
The "add" and + button's also have gone "missing" so that leaves just one way to add/configure a filter (a double click on the filter!).

If this is by design then all is good - if not then end users are on their "last leg" in terms being able to create a filter chain through the GUI.

Maybe windows specific features were added to the code in the past but their authors have long since gone, and as a result the code has become deprecated and is defaulting to the Linux presentation (purely speculative!).

Jan Gruuthuse

Repetitive jobs: use Tinypy Project -> Save As Project
you can move the tinypy to custom folder and call from menu custom

AQUAR

@ Jan - I know you can do it with scripting.

My guess is that Mean is simplifying ADM by removing multiple ways of doing the same thing.
It will give the GUI a less cluttered look.
For end users this becomes a re learning problem that isn't always appreciated. 

mean

Exactly
It was for simplifying rarely used functions or avoiding having multiple ways of doing the same thing

cancalbus

Thank you for the explanation.

To clarify things, I had those two buttons on my Ubuntu 14.04 ADM 2.6.10. I used a lot with a dozen of stored filters to process different TV stations recordings. They were easy going and very handy for me.

DTJ1960

Quote from: Dirtsa on March 05, 2016, 11:52:36 AM
Since version 2.6.11. i miss the button save and load filters. Why? (win7 64bit)
In version 2.6.10 you can still see the button.

I also do not understand. Saving the filters was a great feature. Removal is stupidity.
Also removed shift filters. Why?
Please go back!

(Debian Jessie 64 bit, Avidemux 2.6.14)

koti

Jan Gruuthuse

Sorry:
See reply #7, #8
The way to do this is repetitive jobs in reply #6