Is it possible to cut a video in several parts?

Started by Pappetsu, March 29, 2016, 03:30:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappetsu

Hello
I just downloaded Avidemux. I have a video of more then 3 hours and i want to divide it in several parts. Is it possible to do it with Avidemux?

Thanks

Jan Gruuthuse

Yes, It's a video editor.
Load your video.
Select Output Format like MKV muxer.
Leave both Video and Audio Output set to [Copy]
------------
Go forward +- 1hour, press keyboard up  arrow once, press keyboard down  arrow once at your selected end point
mark [ B]
Save part1.mkv
--------------
click on time indicator B: [00:01:00.000]
mark with [A ]
move forward again for 1 hour from that point, press keyboard up  arrow once, press keyboard down  arrow once at your selected end point.
Save part2.mkv
--------------
click on time indicator B: [00:02:00.000]
mark with [A ]
move forward again for 1 hour from that point, press keyboard up  arrow once, press keyboard down  arrow once at your selected end point.
Save part3.mkv
---------------
You have now saved 3 times 1 hour of your loaded video.

Pappetsu

Does the avidemux syncronizes the audio with video? I have a few videos that have the audio delayed.

Does the avidemux joins two or more videos in one?

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Pappetsu on April 01, 2016, 01:16:03 PM
Does the avidemux syncronizes the audio with video? I have a few videos that have the audio delayed.
There could be other reasons why audio would be delayed (example: AC3). Check Audio results before in real video player like VLC or hardware mediaplayer.
You could [v] Shift audio, if audio is shifted.

QuoteDoes the avidemux joins two or more videos in one?
Yes, same video + audio codec and same screen resolution. These need to match video source. Or you need to match each video first, before loading into avidemux to join.

Pappetsu

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on April 01, 2016, 06:15:03 PM
There could be other reasons why audio would be delayed (example: AC3). Check Audio results before in real video player like VLC or hardware mediaplayer.

The problem is that the audio does not start after the video. The problem is that the audio is slower then the video, like two runners where one is faster then the other.

Jan Gruuthuse

Measure delay in audio (if this is what you're describing) and shift audio accordingly, as mentioned before.

Pappetsu

I just noticed something funny: If i watch a movie, or a video, while the avidemux is saving/encoding a project, it gets slower. The time goes up from 15 minutes to 1 hour, for example. Does this happen to you too?

Jan Gruuthuse

No this does not happen to me. While encoding video(s). I take a coffee break or do something else.

This depends the hardware of your computer: processing power like cpu cores, additional GPU, memory, the used OS 32/64-bit, system age comes in to play.
Encoding video can take all resources of your system, playing video (decoding) requires additional resources.

jcgeny

to have better results , select I frames when you cut your big avi
then when you will reassemble the small parts in one movie , you can select precisely frame that can be anything and then recompile the whole movie . here is one movie mix i made with avidemux :
2turtles2ninja : https://mega.nz/#F!iUJmiDJJ!WVvZWtBPHy7oaKpoNhjo1g
result is perfect  ;D

Jan Gruuthuse

Don't provide download link to pirated movies, you're abusing this Forum.

Pappetsu

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on April 01, 2016, 06:15:03 PM

QuoteDoes the avidemux joins two or more videos in one?
Yes, same video + audio codec and same screen resolution. These need to match video source. Or you need to match each video first, before loading into avidemux to join.

Are you sure about that? I can't find anything in avidemux that joins two or more videos in one or synchronizes audio with video.

AQUAR

Maybe look through the ADM wiki to find out how to join videos or shift audio wrt video.

Nothing un sure about "Yes, same video + audio codec and same screen resolution. These need to match video source. Or you need to match each video first, before loading into avidemux to join."

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Pappetsu on April 05, 2016, 09:27:54 PM
>8 >8 Are you sure about that? I can't find anything in avidemux that joins two or more videos in one >8 >8
Avidemux Menu: File -> Append

Quoteor synchronizes audio with video.
Audio Synchronisation? Audio not in sync, audio coming in front or behind the picture in time?
That would be Audio Output Shift with value in ms