Previous topic - Next topic

twinsun

Hello everybody,
just a willing : an ADM process to make idx2 of multiple files (TS) at once :
- for files having no idx2, in a directory,
- for selected files,
... with a stop buton ...

twinsun

"Just a willing" : too bad joke, tipically french I suppose.
I meant :
"Just a wheeling" (speeeeed ). Ok I give up.

Seriously, indexing is the main loosing time when editing TS.
A wish : create a bunch of idx2 files at once ...

twinsun

It's a long time I use .bat files of 1 or 3 lines long to do this job (to idx2 bunch of files).  8)

So I must say that this "wish" is not for myself, but for friends of mine.
Having this option in the ADM 'gui' would be appreciated by many, I suppose...

EEMcGee

I posted this a while ago in the tips section of the forum.  Please read the whole thing to make sure you don't run into any problems with the batch file.  Keep the original batch file in a known Folder and copy (not move) it into any directory you want indexed.  It will index sub directories of that directory too

I wrote this little batch indexer.  I looks through the current folder and all of it's subfolders.  When it finds a .ts file that doesn't have an index file, it indexes it.  It only starts Avidemux and loads the video file if it doesn't already have an index file.  Of course it can be easily modified to index any other video file type.  Of course if your Avidemux install folder is different from mine you will have to change that path.  If you want something like avi files indexed just change the (*.ts) to (*.avi).  For those new to batch files, just open a text editor such as Notepad, copy the two lines into it, and save it with a .bat file extension.
-------INDEX ALL TS.BAT------------copy the two lines below

set avidemux="c:\Program Files\Avidemux 2.6 - 64bits\avidemux.exe"
for /R %%f in (*.ts) do if not exist %%f.idx2 %avidemux% --autoindex --load "%%f" --quit