after merging .trp files in avidemux , stutters appear at cutpoints ~1,5gb

Started by douche, May 28, 2016, 03:27:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

douche

hi,

ich bought a new dvb receiver.  (smart zappix cx10 volksbox inverto) manufacturing year 2010!

This one records .trp files. 
it automaticly cuts @ 1,5gb instead of 2 gb  each file as my old dvb receiver did ( this one saves in .ts btw)

Unfortunately avidemux did not merge this trp format correctly.
So there are always  little stutters at the dvb receiver cutpoints.

I used A.F.7 Merge your files 1.3 http://www.fauland.com/af7.htm for merging these trp files and cut it in avidemux.
So i donÃ,´t have the stutters @ the cutpoints the dvb did automatically always after 1,5gb.

So the question to everyone especially to jan. 

Is this a known problem at all?

best regards

P.S. the smart dvb receiver doesnÃ,´t have problems at his own cutpoints

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: douche on May 28, 2016, 03:27:26 PM
They never have do they? Using their own modified format.

Don't know if developers have the time looking at this. Are there any other files produced besides the main.trp and the sequential files .001, .002, ...

Mean did solve some years ago the issue with Technomate .trp files
Are you certain the issue is not related to the recording device (Hard disc/usb stick) used with smart zappix cx10 volksbox inverto? Like used partition .... Was it initiated on the STB?

QuoteDie am USB Port angeschlossene Festplatte kann mit den Dateisystemen FAT16, FAT32 und EXT2 formatiert werden. z.b. ( WD-Elements 250 Gb ).
QuoteAufgezeichnete Sendungen in SD als auch HD werden im TRP Format aufgezeichnet und ab 4GB automatisch geteilt.
QuoteFirmware V1.36.2.2
source: Smart VX/CX10 HbbTV SAT-Receiver

douche

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on May 28, 2016, 04:02:28 PM
Quote from: douche on May 28, 2016, 03:27:26 PM
They never have do they? Using their own modified format.
they shouldnÃ,´t  :-)

Don't know if developers have the time looking at this. Are there any other files produced besides the main.trp and the sequential files .001, .002, ...

i think so, deleted all files... i will record tomorrow so i will answer the question.

Mean did solve some years ago the issue with Technomate .trp files
Are you certain the issue is not related to the recording device (Hard disc/usb stick) used with smart zappix cx10 volksbox inverto? Like used partition .... Was it initiated on the STB?

QuoteDie am USB Port angeschlossene Festplatte kann mit den Dateisystemen FAT16, FAT32 und EXT2 formatiert werden. z.b. ( WD-Elements 250 Gb ).
QuoteAufgezeichnete Sendungen in SD als auch HD werden im TRP Format aufgezeichnet und ab 4GB automatisch geteilt.
QuoteFirmware V1.36.2.2
source: Smart VX/CX10 HbbTV SAT-Receiver

i use an usb 2.0 32gb s50 Lexar stick. Ialready formated it when pluged in the zappix STB. itÃ,´s also FAT32 single partition
I also read about 4 gb limit. but it cuts @1,5gb when using the current firmware V1.51.2.87

the funny thing about this certain issue is, this old "A.F.7 Merge your files 1.3" app  from 2002(!) can merge this files without interrupts and did a well job @ .ts files.

Jan Gruuthuse

Sometimes this did work with 7zip adding these files in order to a zip container and save without compression. Then just rename myvideo.zip to myvideo.trp

You don't auto append these files in avidemux? You tried loading main trp append part.001 then append part.002 then append part.003?
Saving to ts or mkv with copy for both video and audio?

douche

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on May 28, 2016, 06:41:47 PM
Sometimes this did work with 7zip adding these files in order to a zip container and save without compression. Then just rename myvideo.zip to myvideo.trp

You don't auto append these files in avidemux? You tried loading main trp append part.001 then append part.002 then append part.003?
Saving to ts or mkv with copy for both video and audio?

instead of 7zip i will use this A.F.7 Merge your files 1.3 program...

in avidemux auto appending these .001 .002... files to the main file .trp didnÃ,´t work either.
auto appending for the .ts files, which will be created by the old STB, works w/o problems.

Jan Gruuthuse

You have a working solution, seeing the time shortage, I don't think developers will even look at this issue.

ps.: My personal (user) opinion, this may not reflect the developing teams point of view.

douche

Are there any other files produced besides the main.trp and the sequential files .001, .002, ...

so here are the file extensions of the other files, which are saved in the same folder

*.bmk  *.des *.idx
but when i look @ the file creation date,  only the idx is from  yesterday

Jan Gruuthuse

.des contains description of the recording
.idx is probably something simular to index file
.bmk is probably PowerDVD MovieMark File
make a 2 GB recording and provide a copy of the idx file (developers maybe could see what is going on)

end of my story I think, for now.