News:

--

Main Menu

Multiple Cuts

Started by darkdragon-001, September 15, 2016, 07:57:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdragon-001

Since project Cut Assistant (https://sourceforge.net/projects/cutassistant/) seems abandoned, it would be nice, if you would allow to set multiple cut markers.

Combined with the rest of your interface this would be a perfect replacement and even big improvement!

mean

Just remove the parts you dont want ?

darkdragon-001

With a start and end marker as currently implemented you can only use "trim" mode to remove something in beginning and end. But you cannot use "cut out" mode to cut out something in the middle...

dosdan

Quote from: darkdragon-001 on September 16, 2016, 08:23:21 AM
With a start and end marker as currently implemented you can only use "trim" mode to remove something in beginning and end. But you cannot use "cut out" mode to cut out something in the middle...

You can. For example you have 1min of a 5min video selected, with A=2:00 & B=3:00. 

Now use either Edit | Delete or just press the Delete key to delete from 2:00-3:00, leaving a 4min video.

Dan.

Jan Gruuthuse

We even have a short demo on YouTube doing this: Fast Edit with Copy Mode
Checkout our play lists: Developers Corner and Avidemux How To

darkdragon-001

Seems to work in general.

Although, the program crashes sometimes.

My setup: Load multiple files with continuous numbered files, cut section between these two files, convert to one file with other format

I would like to have an interface with more information in timeline:
- information where different files start/end
- see cut-out pieces
- edit cuts later

Jan Gruuthuse

most likely this is not going to happen (in my user opinion) :
QuoteAvidemux is a simple tool for simple video processing tasks. The keyword here is simple: it does not offer tools like a timeline, multitrack editing, you cannot freely move or splice audio and video clips from various sources. However, Avidemux allows you to do elementary things in a very straightforward way.

QuoteLoad multiple files with continuous numbered files
- Does time index match (continuous numbered video) same continuous recording?
- How many GB is your loaded video in Avidemux?

darkdragon-001

- Does time index match (continuous numbered video) same continuous recording?
I don't think so, they were extracted from a DVD.

- How many GB is your loaded video in Avidemux?
It is 11 GB of MPEG2 files.

I also noticed, the program increased to slow down with more deleted parts and further at the end (CPU at 25% -> maximum single thread performance on my machine). While I could preview in real time in the beginning of the video, I had to wait several minutes to preview in the end.

Jan Gruuthuse

Hardware limitation perhaps?
load part 1 append part 2
edit joined
save new01
close video file
load new01 append part 3
edit joined
save new02
and so on

I'm editing from time to time up to 32 GB video file and larger then that, 5 1/2 hours of HD video (720p or 1080i) mpeg-ts

darkdragon-001

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on September 16, 2016, 01:08:58 PM
Hardware limitation perhaps?
load part 1 append part 2
edit joined
save new01
close video file
load new01 append part 3
edit joined
save new02
and so on

This is really inefficient since saving copies all the data. So for 11 parts of 1 GB each, I will have to copy 2+3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10 GB = 54 GB which is not needed since I only add markers.

Further, I don't think it is a hardware limitation since I could preview without any problems in the beginning and no more in the end. So there seems to be some part of the code adding a lot of overhead there.

Jan Gruuthuse