News:

--

Main Menu

Reuse settings

Started by quark, December 02, 2016, 04:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quark

I'd like to convert a number of videos as x264, quality=10, rotate=270, audio=aac, output=mp4.

Save settings as default does not appear to save rotate, audio or output format.

Project files set the input file, so that's not ideal.

The CLI interface doesn't have all of these settings.

I'd rather not have to specify rotate, etc. for each round.

What's the best way to do this?

Jan Gruuthuse

Load one movie in to Avidemux gui
Make your settings and save these settings into a project file. (Avidemux Menu => File => Project Script => Save As Project)
edit the project file and remove references to the loaded video.
See this: Simple Command line usage with Tinpy Project

Still the same principle.

eumagga0x2a

Are you sure you are using at least the current release (v2.6.15)? As long as you don't close the GUI, it will keep all settings except of filters (the rotate filter will have to be added each time anew). "Save settings as default" saves the video codec settings as well as output format, but neither audio nor filter configuration.

WRT to project files: you can delete the adm.loadVideo line and use this project file with any video you like as long as you load the video prior to loading the project (otherwise Avidemux will crash).

quark

I had tried scripts, but that kept crashing.  Loading a video before the script, then running the script, then doing additional files, works.

Thanks!

dosdan

Quote from: quark on December 02, 2016, 06:54:26 PM
I had tried scripts, but that kept crashing.  Loading a video before the script, then running the script, then doing additional files, works.

Yes, it would be nice if there was some error trapping included for this. If you load a script first, ADM crashes. If possible, a File | Open window should automatically appear if a script attempts to run without a media file loaded. Or a msg box saying "Media file must be loaded before attempting to execute a script!"

Dan.

eumagga0x2a

Avidemux crashes in ADM_Composer::addSegment only if the line with the reference video has been deleted from the script. This crash gets triggered every time the segment layout references more videos than actually loaded.

Quote from: dosdan on December 02, 2016, 09:18:51 PM
If possible, a File | Open window should automatically appear if a script attempts to run without a media file loaded. Or a msg box saying "Media file must be loaded before attempting to execute a script!"

Yes, that would be nice.

Jan Gruuthuse

or you use batch file that loads the videofile(s) and use --run script.
you can use avidemux GUI from command line instead of avidemux_cli
avidemux wiki: Using tinypy scripting
more detailed: Simple Command line usage with Tinpy Project