News:

--

Main Menu

Keyboard shortcuts don't work

Started by msundman, December 04, 2016, 11:33:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msundman

For the last several versions of avidemux the keyboard shortcuts haven't worked for me. They are shown in the menu, just nothing happens when I press a shortcut.

Currently running ubuntu 16.10 and avidemux 2.6.15-1~getdeb1. (The package description says it's the "QT4 version", but the dependencies are all qt5, so I assume it's in fact qt5.)

I've tried installing and uninstalling appmenu-qt and appmenu-qt5, and it seems to make no difference what so ever.

msundman

I've also tried the 161204_e6482ab459c deb available here on this forum (for 64bit ubuntu 16.04.1). It has the same problem (as well as others, such as not having any desktop menu items).

Jan Gruuthuse

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: msundman on December 04, 2016, 11:33:55 PM
I've tried installing and uninstalling appmenu-qt and appmenu-qt5, and it seems to make no difference what so ever.

The buggy appmenu-* packages must be removed. If this is not sufficient, you should consider switching to a less broken desktop shell as unity. Avidemux keyboard accelerators and shortcuts work fine at least on gnome-shell, plasma, xfce and lxde.

(This is equally possible that the Avidemux build you are using is broken. You can easily build Avidemux from source yourself instead of relying on third parties)

msundman

It's a problem with redirected menus in QT5. A patch has been submitted and is awaiting integration.
Details: https://bugs.launchpad.net/appmenu-qt5/+bug/1380702

Jan Gruuthuse

reminder: appmenu-qt5 is still an issue (ubuntu 16.0.1 lts unity)