Encoding "freezes" after about 70 minutes?

Started by Nintendo Maniac 64, December 19, 2016, 10:52:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nintendo Maniac 64

For whatever reason, even on two completely different PCs (save for OS - both are Win7 SP1 x64), any video encoding will just "freeze" after about 70 minutes regardless of codec.  I say "freeze" in quotes because the program interface itself isn't frozen at all (I an pause and unpause without issue and even abort), but progress stays stuck even though the CPU is still used.

Looking at logs doesn't really tell me anything because it looks identical to as if encoding was actually still progressing (the last few lines in the log being whatever percentage the encoding is at).

The only other thing that seems strange is the "Elapsed" value on the 'Advanced' tab - for whatever reason, rather than showing 1 hour, it shows 353 hours.  I've attached a screenshot showing the elapsed time at which encoding pretty much always freezes at ("353" (actually just 1) hours and 8 minutes; the seconds can vary but are usually around 30 seconds).

For reference, this issue does not occur in Avidemux 2.6.10 (and I think it also doesn't occur in 2.6.11, but I'm not entirely sure on that).  I can also definitely say that the issue did occur in Avidemux 2.6.14 as well.  Also, I am only using Avidemux 64bit and not 32bit.

eumagga0x2a

Is the issue specific to a particular video? If not: would you please test whether the latest nightly exhibits the same problem?

http://avidemux.org/nightly/win64/

Nintendo Maniac 64

Huh, it seems that the newest trunk version doesn't have the issue.  Well, I'll definitely look forward to v2.6.16 then - problem solved I guess?

(though in the mean time I'll just continue using the trunk version)