News:

--

Main Menu

no sound?!!

Started by MUFTAKiS, December 31, 2016, 05:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MUFTAKiS

i get no sound in output file when i convert wmv+wma to mkv+mp3 or ac3 or aac i always have to extract the main audio file from whole wmv file to mp3 using xvc then select it separately inside avidemux

Jan Gruuthuse

More info needed:
just tested wmv+wma to mkv+mp3, this works.
wm.jpg source video
mkv.jpg target video

check avidemux help:
- about: for version
- Plugins: [Demuxers]: for presence of asf/wmv demuxer plugin

Source.wmv video and endresult Target.mkv
wmvwma2mkvmp3.zip (600 KB total)
Will be deleted on 7 January, 2017
Download link: https://we.tl/U0zfRuIeFL

done with avidemux 2.6.16 (ubuntu 14.04.5 64-bit)

MUFTAKiS

i dont know what do you need exactly??!!

i have windows 7 with avidemux latest version 2.6.16 & the same issue with previous versions, wmv audio play inside avidemux correctly & output has audio characteristics but there is no sound when play the file

Jan Gruuthuse

Can you test with the source.wmv included in the zipfile in previous post?

fish

I don't think Avidemux is intended as a WMV editor. You should be using something like asfbin 1.8 (the most reliable I have found ie less prone to crashing) I would used Avidemux for preview/timing and asfbin for editing. If you click on 'preview' in asfbin you can control frame accurate editing, keyframe detection etc but it is usually not necessary to edit to keyframes. If you are adding many edits it is wise to save after every edit as it is prone to crashing, as is every WMV native editor I have tried. Asfbin is a bit long in the tooth but then so is WMV.
By the way your sample plays with no audio in my installed v2.6.16.

http://www.radioactivepages.com/asfbin.aspx

MUFTAKiS

i have tried reinstall windows and still the same problem & guess what version 2.5.6 is the only version which read wmv files and convert them with audio working so since that version till final version has an issue which cant read wmv correctly & need to fix it, i cant keep using 2.5.6 because always has unsync converted videos plus always get a cracking sound at the beginning of each video converted what ever the source of extension of input so i cant use avidemux like that its useless??!!