News:

--

Main Menu

Allow E-AC3 when copying .ts to .mp4

Started by fiftyplus, January 03, 2017, 01:56:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiftyplus

I'm using avidemux since quite some time to cut ads from HD recordings in .ts container (H.264 + mpeg or E-AC3 audio). The target container is .mp4. All works fine with mpeg audio but avidemux doesn't ccpy if the audio is E-AC3.
In such a case there is an error popup "Only AAC, AC3, and mpegaudio supported for audio".
Based on that message I searched the source and found the location in muxerMP4.cpp that blocks E-AC3 audio.
Without really knowing many details I just changed the source to accept here WAV_EAC3.
The copying then just worked fine and the .mp4 contains the E-AC3 audio and plays fine with VLC and on the TV set.

In case you think it is a reasonable change, here is the diff:

eumagga0x2a

To mux AC3 into a MP4 container, please use the MP4v2 muxer from the dropdown list.

eumagga0x2a

Please scratch that, was too tired :o
muxerMp4v2:177 performs the same checks. Your patch would be

diff --git a/avidemux_plugins/ADM_muxers/muxerMp4/muxerMP4.cpp b/avidemux_plugins/ADM_muxers/muxerMp4/muxerMP4.cpp
index 952cf42..192bff3 100644
--- a/avidemux_plugins/ADM_muxers/muxerMp4/muxerMP4.cpp
+++ b/avidemux_plugins/ADM_muxers/muxerMp4/muxerMP4.cpp
@@ -68,9 +68,9 @@ bool muxerMP4::open(const char *file, ADM_videoStream *s,uint32_t nbAudioTrack,A
         for(int i=0;i<nbAudioTrack;i++)
         {
             uint32_t acc=a[i]->getInfo()->encoding;
-            if(acc!=WAV_MP2 && acc!=WAV_MP3 && acc!=WAV_AAC && acc!=WAV_AC3)
+            if(acc!=WAV_MP2 && acc!=WAV_MP3 && acc!=WAV_AAC && acc!=WAV_AC3 && acc!=WAV_EAC3)
             {
-                GUI_Error_HIG(QT_TRANSLATE_NOOP("mp4muxer","Unsupported"),QT_TRANSLATE_NOOP("mp4muxer","Only AAC, AC3, and mpegaudio supported for audio"));
+                GUI_Error_HIG(QT_TRANSLATE_NOOP("mp4muxer","Unsupported"),QT_TRANSLATE_NOOP("mp4muxer","Only AAC, AC3, E-AC3 and mpegaudio supported for audio"));
                 return false;
             }
         }

Any special reasons not to use MKV?

mean

eumagga0x2a

Thank you, just one quick question: does the bundled libmp4v2 support E-AC3 as well? If yes, E-AC3 can be added to MP4v2 muxer as well.

fiftyplus

No specific reason for not using MKV. MP4 was just the one where i could get both video and audio after quite some trials  :)

Placing similar changes also into into muxerMp4v2 made this working for me as well. It requires two files being patched.

vangelis

@eumagga0x2a

Any chance to incorporate the patch into the next release for macOS sierra?
I get the same error "Only AAC, AC3, and mpegaudio supported for audio" when trying to remux mkv/e-ac3 to mp4/e-ac3 with the mp4v2.

(Avidemx 2.6.18 macOS sierra 10.12.2)

Many thanks,
Vangelis

mean

vangelis

@mean

Fab. Will get the nightly and report back.

Vangelis

vangelis

@ mean

Does not work with Avidemux2.6_r2017_01_14_3880d7c598b, still gives the same error.
Also the mkv I'm using contains a e-ac3 at 640kbps but avidemux recognises it as e-ac3 at 128kbps (see attached screenshot).

Any ideas?

V

mean

It should work with mp4 not with mp4v2

vangelis

okay thanks, confirmed works with mp4.

Is it possible to make it work with mp4v2?

Also why the bitrate is not properly recognised?

Vangelis