--

Main Menu

Sony XAVC S audio problem

Started by MikeHarding, January 05, 2017, 01:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: MikeHarding on January 17, 2017, 09:23:13 AM
FYI - Windows Control panel - System reports my hardware as being:
3.0 Windows Experience Index (whatever that is!?)
Windows Experience Index (WEI) score

QuoteAMD Athlon II X2 250 processor 3.0GHz
8GB RAM but only 2.87 usable ('cause we're 32 bit)
dual core

probably there is a videocard issue to.

MikeHarding

>probably there is a videocard issue to.

I can only repeat:
WMP and VLC play the video correctly - they seem to find the hardware satisfactory.

Going to see Twelfth Night performed by the Australian Shakespeare Company in the Melbourne Botanic Gardens tonight accompanied by my younger son, a picnic and some good wine.

No playback issue with the actors I suspect - a pox on all this new-fangled computer rubbish :)

Jan Gruuthuse

Yep and avidemux is not a media player.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: MikeHarding on January 17, 2017, 09:23:13 AM
AMD Athlon II X2 250 processor 3.0GHz
8GB RAM but only 2.87 usable ('cause we're 32 bit - which is why I need to upgrade to 64 bit in order to do Android development)

We have almost identical hardware (mine is just the next more powerful CPU in this line) :)

On Linux like on Windows, enabling hardware accelerated decoding in Avidemux, which decodes video on the GPU instead of CPU, is a requirement to be able to play the video in sync. mpv manages to play it in sync with software-only decoding at 150% CPU (~75% for each of the cores), so the margin is not that big even if Avidemux is clearly not very efficient here. The video being 50 fps surely doesn't help. Reencoding with the resample filter at 25 fps allows Avidemux to decode the resulting 1080p video real-time without assistance by hwaccel.

You need a graphics card with a hardware h264 decoder to play this at a reasonably low CPU load.