Exported Audacity .wav files won't open in Avidemux

Started by golinux, January 08, 2017, 07:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

golinux

I have been using Avidemux for a very long time.  Until recently I have been editing audio on Audacity 1.3.12-beta and video on Avidemux 2.5.4 on my trusty Debian Squeeze.  But now I've moved to Devuan (Debian fork) and am using Audacity 2.1.1 and Avidemux 2.5.6 GTK from Wheezy.

I spent hours rebuilding the audio track for a video @48000hz 32-bit float and exported it as a .wav as I've been doing for years.   Then I opened Avidemux, went to audio settings, choose external .wav, found the file, saved and this nasty message popped up:     

"Failed to open the file. Not a WAV file?"

The .wav files that I created using Audacity on Squeeze open just fine on Avidemux in Devuan.

Any thoughts how to fix this would be most welcome.  I'll also be posting to the Audacity forum.

Thanks,

golinux

Jan Gruuthuse

in Audacity select export audio as
- WAV (Microsoft) 16-bit PCM (this will create RAW audio track if not re-encoded in Avidemux)
- mp2 files
- ac3 (stereo) should work too.

I don't know if "WAV (Microsoft) 32-bit float PCM" was ever supported in avidemux.

golinux

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on January 08, 2017, 12:51:44 PM
in Audacity select export audio as
- WAV (Microsoft) 16-bit PCM (this will create RAW audio track if not re-encoded in Avidemux)
- mp2 files
- ac3 (stereo) should work too.

I don't know if "WAV (Microsoft) 32-bit float PCM" was ever supported in avidemux.
Thanks for responding.  I 'thought' that it was 32-bit on Squeeze but maybe it was 16-bit. Yup. I just checked the properties of the working and non-working files and the bitrate is indeed different. Audacity will let me do that.  Thanks for helping me sort things out.  :)

Will confirm here in a bit.

*edit* Yes, that did indeed solve the problem.  Thanks so much!