News:

--

Main Menu

2.6.18 bugs?

Started by RoadRanger, January 21, 2017, 06:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RoadRanger

When editing a 4 hour MP4 the audio as played back in Avidemux gets further off the further in you go - as much as a half second I think. Also the save time increases drastically the further in you go? I'm just chopping up an MP4 with copy, copy, MP4. Fortunately the chopped up videos play fine :) . This didn't happen on any of the previous versions I used.

I leave the "film" rolling when videoing a concert/festival so I won't mess up starting and stopping it. My longest shows can be 12 hours! I process the 1080p MTS source to a 850kbs 720p MP4 with FFMpeg before editing it in Avidemux.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: RoadRanger on January 21, 2017, 06:16:00 PM
When editing a 4 hour MP4 the audio as played back in Avidemux gets further off the further in you go - as much as a half second I think.

Please specify which video decoder and which video output driver you are using. If your operating system is Linux, please specify also the Qt theme in use. If it is not fusion, then please test with fusion (the gtk Qt theme is famous for being terribly inefficient when rendering the navigation widget in Avidemux).

Does "further off" means audio ahead of video or video ahead of audio? Does pausing and resuming playback restore A/V sync?

QuoteAlso the save time increases drastically the further in you go? I'm just chopping up an MP4 with copy, copy, MP4.

Does this happen with the MP4v2 muxer instead of MP4 as well?

QuoteThis didn't happen on any of the previous versions I used.

Which Avidemux version was the last good one for your task?

QuoteI process the 1080p MTS source to a 850kbs 720p MP4 with FFMpeg before editing it in Avidemux.

This means, the videos you load in Avidemux were generated by FFmpeg, but which version of FFmpeg was it? Please provide output of ffprobe and/or of MediaInfo for such a video.

RoadRanger

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on January 21, 2017, 07:39:41 PMPlease specify which video decoder and which video output driver you are using. If your operating system is Linux, please specify also the Qt theme in use. If it is not fusion, then please test with fusion (the gtk Qt theme is famous for being terribly inefficient when rendering the navigation widget in Avidemux).
Sorry, Windows 10x64 . DXvA2 QtGl .
QuoteDoes "further off" means audio ahead of video or video ahead of audio? Does pausing and resuming playback restore A/V sync?
Audio behind, and no - pausing and resuming doesn't help.
QuoteAlso the save time increases drastically the further in you go? Does this happen with the MP4v2 muxer instead of MP4 as well?
I don't use the MP4V2 muxer as it always had bad audio sync issues in the output files with looooong input files.
QuoteWhich Avidemux version was the last good one for your task?
2.6.15 I beleive.
QuoteThis means, the videos you load in Avidemux were generated by FFmpeg, but which version of FFmpeg was it? Please provide output of ffprobe and/or of MediaInfo for such a video.
MediaInfo reports Lavf57.34.103
ffmpeg version N-79690-g78baa45

eumagga0x2a

I actually wanted to get the full output of ffprobe and (or) MediaInfo for the ffmpeg generated source video, not just the ffmpeg version (which looks like some outdated random code snapshot).

There were a lot of changes after 2.6.15 including an updated internal ffmpeg.

RoadRanger

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on January 21, 2017, 11:30:25 PM
I actually wanted to get the full output of ffprobe and (or) MediaInfo for the ffmpeg generated source video, not just the ffmpeg version (which looks like some outdated random code snapshot).
General
Complete name                            : C:\Video\20170120\PACC.mp4
Format                                   : MPEG-4
Format profile                           : Base Media
Codec ID                                 : isom (isom/iso2/avc1/mp41)
File size                                : 1.54 GiB
Duration                                 : 4 h 19 min
Overall bit rate                         : 850 kb/s
Writing application                      : Lavf57.34.103

Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : AVC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile                           : High@L3.1
Format settings, CABAC                   : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames                : 4 frames
Codec ID                                 : avc1
Codec ID/Info                            : Advanced Video Coding
Bit rate                                 : 717 kb/s
Width                                    : 1 280 pixels
Height                                   : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 29.970 (30000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)                       : 0.026
Stream size                              : 1.30 GiB (84%)
Writing library                          : x264 core 148 r2694 3b70645
Encoding settings                        : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x113 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-2 / threads=3 / lookahead_threads=1 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / bluray_compat=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=2 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=2 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=40 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=30.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : 40

RoadRanger

My command line:
ffmpeg -i %1 -vf scale=1280:720 -af dynaudnorm -c:v libx264 -crf 30 -c:a aac -movflags +faststart %1.mp4

My ffmpeg is dated 4/28/16 - I'll go grab the latest :) .

eumagga0x2a

The audio section of the MediaInfo output is incomplete, please post or attach the output in full.

QuoteI don't use the MP4V2 muxer as it always had bad audio sync issues in the output files with looooong input files.

Could you please specify how long a video should be to be able to reproduce this sync issue with the MP4v2 muxer? How does the MKV muxer behave under these conditions?

RoadRanger

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on January 22, 2017, 03:14:14 PM
The audio section of the MediaInfo output is incomplete, please post or attach the output in full.
Oops, dunno why it got cut off:
Audio
ID                                       : 2
Format                                   : AAC
Format/Info                              : Advanced Audio Codec
Format profile                           : LC
Codec ID                                 : 40
Bit rate mode                            : Constant
Bit rate                                 : 129 kb/s
Channel(s)                               : 2 channels
Channel positions                        : Front: L R
Sampling rate                            : 48.0 kHz
Frame rate                               : 46.875 FPS (1024 spf)
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Stream size                              : 240 MiB (15%)
Default                                  : Yes
Alternate group                          : 1

RoadRanger

Quote from: eumagga0x2a on January 22, 2017, 03:14:14 PMCould you please specify how long a video should be to be able to reproduce this sync issue with the MP4v2 muxer? How does the MKV muxer behave under these conditions?
The MKV muxer works fine. With the MP4v2 muxer it should be apparent a couple hours in. At the time (2+ years ago?) I saw a post from someone else seeing the same thing so did what he suggested - switched to the regular MP4 muxer. I haven't tried is since. I was probably editing a HUGE MTS file straight from the camera (using MTS FileJoiner first) at the time.

The audio normalize function available with the MP4v2 muxer was cool but I use the much superior DynAudNorm filter in FFMpeg now - I'm hoping youse guys can support that in Avidemux some day :) .

eumagga0x2a

Thanks. I don't see anything special in the output of MediaInfo.

Meanwhile I've generated a MP4 video (h264, 720p) over 5h in duration and about 27GiB in size appending a shorter DVB recording to itself. It takes a while to load this video in Avidemux, but once loaded, it plays till the very end without any A/V desync whatsoever.

RoadRanger

My normal video player (MPC-HC) doesn't desync. Oh well, as I said the edited files are OK so it's just a minor annoyance...