use source folder as default save location, and use original file name

Started by lkjafgds123, February 20, 2017, 10:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lkjafgds123

Hello,

Is there a way to tell AviDemux to save an edited file to it's original source location automatically, instead of having to manually point to the source folder?  Most Windows software defaults to the source folder when you do "save as" but not avidemux. 

Also, when saving a file, it doesn't fill in the original file name, again, as most other software does.  Most of the time I want to use the original name and add something to it such as "_cut" or "_edit", etc.  To do that, I have to go to explorer, hit rename, copy the file name, go back to avidemux, etc. etc. 

90% of the editing I do is just simple cutting, and that takes LESS time than the time I spend looking for folders and copying file names.  This is very inefficient.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

mean

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: mean on February 21, 2017, 06:15:11 AM
I guess you are using a slightly older version of avidemux ?

In other words: try a recent nightly. Some aspects of the issue were fixed on 2017-02-09.

On the other hand, Avidemux remembers both last read and last write directories, which is a good thing. IMHO it should not default to the last read directory as the target directory for saving, but implementing this as an option is not unthinkable.

eumagga0x2a