News:

--

Main Menu

Saving mp4 Longer than 1:15

Started by JMK, March 08, 2017, 08:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMK

Hi!

I tried using the software today and it seemed like exactly the type of equipment I need for videos, but every time I try to save my 1 hour 44 minutes long video, the saving process gives an error an only saves the first hour and 15 minutes into the video file. Any workaround?

eumagga0x2a

Please provide some basic information i.e. post admlog.txt (compress it if necessary) if you use Windows (you'll find it in the "Help" menu in Avidemux). You should also ensure your target filesystem is not FAT32 and you hit the file size limit.

JMK

Thanks for the reply!

Where can I find the admlog.txt? I use Windows 10 and I do not hit the file size limit (the original video is obviously way bigger at around 13gb).

What I do is open a .mp4 file in the software, I do four little cuts and then I try to save the video using the Copy -selection in both Video and Audio output. I want to save as high quality as I possibly can and it seems also be the fastest option.

Jan Gruuthuse

Be sure to select editing points only with keyboard up/down arrow and not with left right arrow key.
See our small demo 3'14 minutes Avidemux Demo @youtube:  Fast Edit with Copy Mode

JMK

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on March 08, 2017, 09:27:30 AM
Be sure to select editing points only with keyboard up/down arrow and not with left right arrow key.
See our small demo 3'14 minutes Avidemux Demo @youtube:  Fast Edit with Copy Mode

Um, what? What has this got to do with it?

zakk

Usually when this happen, it's because of a bug in the video stream. Try to clean it by remuxing it with mkvtoolnix, or save the last half hour and paste it to the first part. That's what I would do.

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: JMK on March 08, 2017, 09:51:34 AM

Um, what? What has this got to do with it?
Quote from: JMK on March 08, 2017, 09:08:31 AM
>8 >8 I do four little cuts >8>8

You set markers to cut? If you didn't select keyframe doing so, ....

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: JMK on March 08, 2017, 09:08:31 AM
Where can I find the admlog.txt?

As already mentioned, in the "Help" menu in Avidemux (the file itself is located in %appdata%\avidemux).

JMK

Thanks everyone! Later tonight I'll try out the couple of things suggested here and see if that helps.