free(): invalid next size (fast)

Started by Jan Gruuthuse, March 12, 2017, 07:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

sometimes this occurs when closing video:
[ffTS] Closing
[~DIA_encodingQt4] 07:34:51-487  Destroying encoding qt4
[~DIA_encodingBase] 07:34:51-487  DiaEncodingBase: Destroying
*** Error in `/usr/bin/avidemux3_qt5': free(): invalid next size (fast): 0x0000000004102dc0 ***
======= Backtrace: =========

attached the terminal output. Is the info of any use?
For now I can't recreate at will this issue.

eumagga0x2a

What was preceding the crash? You wrote that it happens on closing a video, the snippet from the terminal output suggest it happened on destroying the encoding dialog. If the latter is correct, all the info you've cut away would be helpful to try to reproduce the issue.

Jan Gruuthuse

Don't have that terminal output. Must be happening just after the video was saved.
Will see next time when this happened if there is more info available. If I recall it was only showing the percentages of completed save something like this.
processing mpeg-ts HD, 14 GB recorded stream,  dvb-s2 (SWR HD).
Percent:14
Percent:28
Percent:42
Percent:57
Percent:71
Percent:86
Percent:97
[saveLoop] 08:11:16-390  [FF] Wrote 87310 frames, nb audio streams 3
[saveLoop] 08:11:16-390  [FF] Found 0 missing PTS / 87310 total frames
[ffTS] Closing

eumagga0x2a

Okay, so the crash occurs not on closing video (Ctrl+W) but on destroying the encoding dialog. So far so bad  :-\

Was it a dual-pass, a single pass encoding or a stream copy (cutting in the copy mode)?

Jan Gruuthuse

stream copy (cutting in the copy mode)
ps: can't find an admlog in ubuntu?
not in
2.5.6 branch ~/.avidemux
2.6 branch ~/.avidemux6

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on March 12, 2017, 09:00:51 AM
stream copy (cutting in the copy mode)

Thanks, did it start to happen only after https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/pull/106 was merged or was it around all the time (prior to  https://github.com/mean00/avidemux2/pull/104 as well)?

Quotecan't find an admlog in ubuntu?

admlog.txt is generated only on Windows.

Jan Gruuthuse

Can't tell when I started noticing. It occurs only sometimes, when I do a lot of editing of several big streams. But seems only when saving video ended, always in  Quick edit in copy mode. Sometimes even hangs, need to force close of GUI. There used to be an admlog.txt in linux, can't remember f this was only 2.5.6 or 2.6 branch to? So long ago that I needed this.

Jan Gruuthuse

Could be a vdpau issue? -> Qt5?
Switched now to vdpau decoding video, display to OpenGl (QtGl) instead of vpdau.
Will see how it goes from here.

eumagga0x2a

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on March 12, 2017, 10:30:56 AM
Could be a vdpau issue? -> Qt5?

No, surely not. Decoding is unrelated and not involved here.

If you have Apport or similar crash reporting software installed, you could see if this particular crash happend before the encoding dialog was reworked. This would be really important to know.

Jan Gruuthuse

- apport is installed and did not come up with any display.
- avidemux is using vdpau in 2 ways
-- video decoding
-- displaying video in avidemux gui

see attached vdpauDisplay and vdpauHwaccel: