fixed: Menu access availabilty 2.6.18 / Qt5 2017/03/14

Started by Jan Gruuthuse, March 13, 2017, 10:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Gruuthuse

Fixed: commit 22aaede            [UI] Disable menu items during playback, fix menus disabled after drag-n-drop
After installing todays build:
723b908            Merge branch 'master' of github.com:mean00/avidemux2
I noticed the menu is (partial) unavailable until you played the loaded video 1st.
Could you check and confirm the issue?

eumagga0x2a

It should not (and it doesn't) matter that a video was played, but it must be loaded. Disabling unusable menu items depending on context is the purpose of the merged first patch. More to follow.

edit: I didn't notice any anomalies during my testing, but if I missed something, it would be helpful to know which particular menu items were disabled after a video was loaded but got enabled once it was played (just played, no meddling with markers and such).

Jan Gruuthuse

I was able to narrow this down.
Indicator is when video is loaded that above left icons (save and info) stay grey. (see attached VideoLoadedNotOK)
when this is happening several options are greyed out in several menus
Example Edit menu: options greyed out Cut, Copy, Delete, Set Marker A, Set Marker B & Reset Markers (see attached EditNotOK)

Jan Gruuthuse

OK
With video loaded normally you would get:

Jan Gruuthuse

video forwarded to developer(s) pm

eumagga0x2a

Thanks, never got loaded video not detected in my testing. Some refresh issues with QtGl? Will retest later today.

Jan Gruuthuse

Is Drag and Drop related/required. Behaviour not limited to posted .mkv. Does the same with mpeg-ts.
Happens on all selected Display Options.

Preferences: [Display]: OpenGl, VDPAU, Xvideo & QT
with and without selected:
Gui Rendering Options
[ ] Enable OpenGl support

Loading with recent file all is OK.

eumagga0x2a

Thank you for the hint. Indeed, I didn't test with drag&drop. Quite possible that it doesn't fire the signal.

Jan Gruuthuse

Took me a while to understand what was going on and test this.

eumagga0x2a

I've submitted a pull request which includes the fix for this bug. Thank you for catching this.

Jan Gruuthuse

Fixed: commit 22aaede            [UI] Disable menu items during playback, fix menus disabled after drag-n-drop
Thanks for fixing, today's build does work fine now.

me444

Another defect apperars to be related to this issue:

Win7 64 bit, nightlies after march 04:
if you start ADM on a selected file from the windows explorer environment
using the ShellExecute resp. ShellExecuteEx  (windows api call) method (start the app using a file name as parameter),
then now the File-Append (Ctrl-A) does no longer work.  The menu item is grayed out (disabled).
version march 04 was ok, afterwards (march 13 and 14) not ok.
-
If i start the adm executable directly and load a file afterwards explicitely, then the File-Append menu item will be enabled.

me444

me444

With the second build (#360) from mar 14 it appears to be fine again :)