Play List Please?? [Merge / Join files work in random order only]

Started by m0tte, March 13, 2017, 11:16:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

m0tte

Hello,

I am searching for a way to join 50+ .mp4 video clips. I select them all in windows file exprorer and drop them into the avidemux application window. Ricght after that I choose "MP4v2 Muxer" and go to "save video".

Avidemux is joining my video files VERY quickly and the output quality is also better than it would be created through other tools I tested so far.

But.. I really need the clips to be lined up coorrectly (not ramdomly) in the output file. So 1st file in the list of windows file explorer should be 1st in the output video and last would be last.

Jan Gruuthuse

prefix file names with 001, 002 , 003 in the order you want, and see/test if this does what you want.

Bugfragged

I had no idea I could select and drop the files into the Avidemux window. Now I feel silly for using Tinypy to do the same task.

Also, the order in which the videos are loaded seems to depend on whether file explorer sorts in ascending or descending order.

Jan Gruuthuse

Interaction with OS concerned with drag and drop.
Tinpy =  repeating (predictable) tasks, batch processing (encoding, ....)

m0tte

Quote from: Jan Gruuthuse on March 13, 2017, 01:25:48 PM
prefix file names with 001, 002 , 003 in the order you want, and see/test if this does what you want.

it did not work. unfortunately :-\

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote from: Bugfragged on March 14, 2017, 03:38:05 AM
>8 >8
Also, the order in which the videos are loaded seems to depend on whether file explorer sorts in ascending or descending order.
Have you tested with above knowledge? Apparently how the file are ordered in the window you drag the files from affects the result of the drop.

I missed the something previously in your post. If you try to append videos from the same video source chronologically. Avidemux looks for the file names.
If avidemux recognises a sequential numbering, it should append them in that order.
MyVideo001.mp4
MyVideo002.mp4
MyVideo003.mp4
1st part of video filename must be identical + sequential number added before the .filenameextension
When you load MyVideo001.mp4 avidemux should pop up a window asking you to load the remaining files.
see if that works/help

m0tte

is it super important to have it like 001, 002, and so on?

What I have now is:
MyVideo01.mp4,
MyVideo02.mp4
MyVideo03.mp4

does not work

(avidemux joins my videos randomly, regardless their position in file explorer or name or tag)

Jan Gruuthuse

sequential loading, think 3 digits is minimum.
MyVideo001.mp4
Only load/drag&drop one video MyVideo001.mp4., there should be a pop-up appearing
You're required to erase all MyVideo0#.idx2 or avidemux will not attempt loading sequential video filenames.

m0tte

no, it does not ask for the next / load other files when I put MyVideo001.mp4 via drag'n'drop.

also dropping 4 files, all at once, named this way:
MyVideo001.mp4
MyVideo002.mp4
MyVideo003.mp4
MyVideo004.mp4

does not work for me. (still they are not in that order)

I checked the vesion of my copy of Avidemux: 2.6.18
btw I am on windows 10 x64 pro