large videos fail to append while rendering

Started by ahmad, March 15, 2017, 07:25:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ahmad

I'm trying to append two large videos (about 1.5 GB each) on avidemux 2.6.18 64bit (windows 7)
the videos have a resolution of 3840x2160 so I tried to compress those videos and resize them:
*video output : average bitrate (two pass) using AVC(X264) with the resize filter applied (reducing the resolution to 720x1280)
*audio output set to copy
*muxer: mp4

the first pass went successfully but the second pass failed at the appendage point displaying a failure message
I've tried to append small clips of the same videos (using edit options) and it went successful, I've also tried to append those videos without compression (video output set to copy) and no problems happend

what should the problem be?  :-\

eumagga0x2a

Do you get the same highly classified error if you encode the video resulting from appending and saving in copy mode?
Please attach admlog.txt (compress it if necessary) from an Avidemux run resulting in this failure. You'll find the log file in the Avidemux data directory (%appdata%\avidemux), accessible also from the "Help" menu.

ahmad

no it doesn't happen in copy mode
here is the log file

ahmad

eumagga0x2a

Thanks, the nature of the problem is outlined here:

[adm_lavLogCallback] 22:05:22-581 [lavc] Application provided invalid, non monotonically increasing dts to muxer in stream 0: 11524000 >= 11524000

(two video frames have exactly the same decoding timestamp) which results in the MP4 muxer, which actually just uses the bundled ffmpeg to perform the task, bailing out:

[FF]Error writing video packet

You should probably try another muxer (preferably MKV).

ahmad

why did it happen?
is it a problem in the video itself, or a problem in ffmpeg, or both?

Jan Gruuthuse

Quote(two video frames have exactly the same decoding timestamp)
The source of your video (recorded) stream: transmission / recording error.

ahmad

I encoded every video on it's own then I appended them together and it worked!
thank you very much  ;D