I have some Feature Requests:
1. Avidemux allows demuxing Video and Audio and saves in raw-Files.
It would be great if you could create a New plain Container and add a Video and Audio in order to mux them together. Menu "Video" would be a good place for it. I know it is Avidemux and not mkvmux, but time is coming by...
2. When Saving Videos, the Audio delay seems to be ignored. At least when muxed, the audio is not synchrone and MediaInfo shows a different Audio-Delay when entered. This makes Encoding Audio barely impossible. In Windows 7 x64 - I convert video streams having a documented audio delay in the container. Once I recode them, the delay will be different, but not the value I entered and also not the difference of both. This is the case with nearly all container formats.
3. Is there an Image Stabilisation Filter to be imported from somewhere? This is urgendtly needed for action cam films and also for some old polaroid movies having a "jumping image". Having such a filter would improve compression rates drastically.
4. Please import some of those legacy media filters lke those some day. Also unless encoding legacy polaroid and magnetic media movies takes much more space than encoding digitally remastered movies.http://www.engon.de/audio/vhs4.htm
5. Saving a certain set of filters, like a codec preset. I normally use exactly 4 filters with the same settings. Best way would be to add template scripts below project scripts.
Suggetsion: Rename the Menu item project-script to "Scripts" and add an option File->Script-> Template-Script and also File->Script->Video-Filter-Script and also File->Script->Audio-Filter-Script maybe resulting in 5 Options in Total for Scripts.
6. Error Scanning like in VirtualDub would be great.
7. Most important: mts File support is not given for German TV Broadcast in DVB-t2 hevc 1080p 50fps.
8. Setting meta-infos for the video-files. As well the container Meta tags, like: "Copyright", "Publisher", "Description", "Artist" as also the file meta infos you can add in the browser in windows: "Description", "Genre", "Codec", so can not even sort by container type, but also by codec.
9. I preferred working with frames in a second instead of milliseconds, unless the exact frame to cut woiud be easier to find then.
10. Selection of place, where to save idx files, so you can directly open VIDEO_TS Files.
11. A Language or CheckBox "Director's Comment" in the Audio Lane Menu
12. Possibility to import/export or "use" ColdCut CutLists for video files.
13. Delogo2 Filter increase decrease position and size increase by 4,8,16 - not as is by 5 - increases Compression a bit!
14. Crop-Filter also partly, requirement: outsize=identical - needed if a polaroid movie is jumping from left to right, or a TV Info is shown below and later above.